Chapter 1

Story starts after a month of Anupamaa accepting the deal and them becoming business partners ...

>>

She felt light, as though her feet were barely touching the ground. She skipped down the stairs, an effortless bounce in her step her heart buoyant with the sheer happiness. She couldn't wipe the smile off her face, it's radiance contagious. She felt giddy excitement bubbling within her as she couldn't wait to share this with her business partner for an unknown reason.

The lobby which was usually surrounded with the hustle-bustle and chatter of his corporate employees, was unusually silent to be precise the dead silent which was enough the chills through her spine and her smile dropped as confusion basked her senses.

As she made her way through the corridor of his office, the creases over her forehead deepened as the silence started piercing her skin. Why the environment is so cold today ? The question comes across her mind as in first reaction to the employees working in the unusual silent environment.

' Maybe there is some important deal which has tensed the environment of office today ! ', Her mind conclude to justify the weird silence and started her day by usual praying Kanhaji for well-being of her family and the deal which AK groups is looking forward.

She slumped back in her chair, her posture betraying the weariness that had settled deep into her bones. She rubbed her temples with a gentle circular motion, seeking relief from the persistent ache that throbbed behind her eyes as if exhaustion has lodged itself deep within her skull.

Glancing towards the clock she realised that she passed the lunch time prior two hours already. Inhaling deeply she streched her body muscles to ease out stiffness and frowned thinking how can he didn't remind her of lunch break as usual ? Again her mind conclude about being stressed for deal before making her way towards his cabin.

She crossed the diversion of the hall way which leads to the canteen to re-heat the food and asked peon for Anuj's tiffin only to frowned hearing his answer, " Sir ka tiffin toh aaya hi nahi Anupama ma'am ... "

" Matlab sir ne khana hi nai khaya ? ", Anupamaa asked to confirmed what she heard is correct or not and deep furrows appeared between her brows after getting confirmation. Her mind caught in chaotic whirlwind of many questions but still decided to call GK kaka before asking Anuj himself.

" Jai shree kaka ! ", Anupamaa greeted as soon the person recieved the phone and heard him greeting back before get shooted with question, " Jai shree Krishna beta. Tumne mujhe is time par kyun call kiya beta ? Kuch jaroori kaam tha ?! "

Anupamaa : Are nai nai kaka, itna jaroori bhi nahi tha. Vo kya hain ne peon bhai bata rae the ki Anuj ka tiffin nai aaya, apne bhejna bhool gaye kya ?

" Bhej kar bhi kya hi fayda hain beta, vo to khayega hi nahi ... ", She didn't missed the transparent longing in his tone, like something big happened which still has impact on their life.

" Kya baat hain kaka ? Aur vo khana kyun nai khayenge ? ", Anupamaa asked and heard the deep sigh before reply comes shaky reply comes from another side.

GK kaka : Darsal beta aaj uski maa-papa ki barsi hain aur isse aage batana mera haq nahi. Jai shree krishna !

Anupama stood freezed as her heart wrenched. She had zoned out completely, Anuj was only her thought. Just by thinking that he had lost his parents making her feel terrible. Anuj, she felt like checking on him and rushed towards his cabin ...

---

He stands near the window, steaming chocolate milk in hand as the fallen leaves outside seemed to float into the air of their own accord. It was a tranquil scene, a fine example of the peace he'd been searching for long and still searching.

He leaned back with closed eyes and get lost in the blissful memories of him with his parents ...

.
.

" Aap dekh na papa ek din main aapse bhi bada business man banunga aur tab aap proudly apne partners ko kahna ki yeh mera beta hain ", little Anuj spoke confidently to his Papa, while his father smiled at the younger version of him.

" Okay to fir mujhe bhi us din ka intezar rahega jab mujhe log Anuj Kapadia ke father se janne lage ... ", His father said smilingly while picking up the little Anuj who wrapped himself around his father like koala.

" Haan bas aap dono baap bete ek dusre ke naam se flaunt karna, duniya se toh matlab hi nahi haina ", his mumma said grumpily.

" Humari duniya toh aap hi hain mohtarma phir kis duniya se matlab rakhna hain jara batane ki takleef karengi aap ... ", His papa said flirtatiously while his mumma just blushed turning in tomato.

" Kuch toh sharam karo, Anuj yahi hain ... ", His mumma whispered shyly and little Anuj instantly placed his hands over his eyes and spoke not wanna let his parents knows that he heard and sees their moment ...

Anuj : maine kuch nahi suna mumma ! I am good boy ...

Anuj smiled remembering the past moments with his mumma-papa.

.
.

" Papa is baar hum vacations par Venice jayenge na ? ", Anuj asked curiously being fascinated with the city of water since last few months.

" Yes buddy, hum Venice jayenge magar aapke exams ke baad ... "

" Gentleman's promise ? ", " Gentleman's promise ! " His papa promised with a smile.

" Aur agar is baar tere papa ne apna promise toda toh baat mat karna golu apne papa se ", his mumma said while looking at her husband challengingly.

" Mohtarma apko nahi lagta ki aap mere bete ko bhadka rahi hain ... ? ", His papa asked raising his eyebrows to his wife who just shrugged her shoulders and replied while making Anuj wearing his school bag.

" Bhadka nahi rahi, apko warn kar rahi hun ki is baar apne promise toda toh mein aur Anuj dono apse baat nahi karenge ... hum dono ki narazgi jhelni padegi apko ! "

" Nahi papa, main naraz nahi hounga apse ", Anuj said innocently at the instant after hearing his mumma not understanding what's actually happening making his father laugh out aloud while his mumma frowned cutely.

" Papa ... ! ", He mumbled while leaning against the frame of window, feeling the faint music in the back of head ...

°°°

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first chapter of A Journey ends here, how do you feel about the part ?

Pardon any mistakes and thank you for giving your valuable time to read this, I hope you like it. The story revolves around maan's changing equation from being business partners to eachother's solace ...

Author's Note : The story onwards is purely fiction, nothing is related to the show except characters. Some scenes might be same as show which can be coincidence !

Should I continue it ?!

Do votes and comments, will love to read your response !

- Chanchu ✨❣️