𝟣𝟢, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞

SOON, Sam found herself watching the boys warm up for the first basketball game of the season.

Stars already shined in the dark sky, and steam came out of her mouth each time she exhaled. Teresa sat beside her, and beside Teresa sat Sonya. On Sam's other side, Newt had joined.

"Who do you think is gonna be the first to score?" She asked the blonde. "Is there anything that always happens?"

"Tommy always ends up with dirty socks because he uses the bottom of his shoe to adjust them," Newt murmured. "Alby likes to score the first time and Minho mostly makes the winning balls. Fry's got some great negotiations with the coaches if someone of their team breaks a rule, Gally knows how to tackle without getting called out for it, and Jeff got some great tactics."

Sam tilted her head. Grinned at Newt. "Ah, so Thomas gets dirty socks... and everyone else plays the sport."

"What?" His frown deepened, then his eyes widened. "No, no! I didn't mean it like that. Tommy scores too! A bloody lot of times, actually. And he's tall so he can hover over the other enemy. By the way, he's able to pass the ball. Very smoothly."

"By the way, are you in love with Thomas? Very much?" Sam covered a chuckle up in her scarf.

The boy's cheeks got red so fast that Sam immediately knew the answer. "No, I'm not in love with Thomas."

"Your secret's safe with me, don't worry." She nudged him in the shoulder. "Hey, they're starting!"

They got up and clapped, or cheered, for the boys running onto the base. Sam watched Alby in the front, then Gally, Minho, Thomas, Jeff, Frypan, and some other boys she didn't know but had definitely seen before.

Fast, the game started and Sam could only follow half of the things going on before the ball was already on the other side of the team.

Damn, she had underestimated them. During practices it had been nice, but this was... really good.

Thomas threw the ball so hard that Gally caught it from the other side of the place, and immediately managed to slam it through a guy's legs and then hand it to Alby, who got it in the basket.

"YES!" The crowd jumped up, bursting out with yells and claps and cheers. Alby received hugs from his teammates before the game continued.

Thomas scored with maybe the highest jump Sam had ever seen in her life.

Minho passed the ball to Jeff, and he scored by making an unexpected twist.

Unfortunately, they let a few balls of the other team go through, but Minho saved them two times in a row, and then Gally, and another guy of their team.

Then, it got calmer for a while. The ball kept getting passed, but no one scored because the teams managed to interfere and steal the ball each time again.

Frypan currently had the ball in his hands. Threw it straight past a guy's head, into Alby's hands, who didn't hesitate to give it to Thomas. Thomas looked around, sweat dripping down his forehead because they only had a minute left before the first half would end.

"Come on, Tommy," Newt muttered. "If he's fast, he can smash it through the guy's legs and catch it on the other side, then throw to Jeff."