Loyal Til The End

We start with the sun rising on a very spooky day.  It's Halloween.  Outside, everyone is getting prepared for candy, treats, and scares beyond belief.  It sure will be a real fright.  As everyone in Luz's neighborhood gets excited for today, she and her friends are still asleep.  That is until the sun beams right onto Luz's eyes.  She immediately wakes up filled with joy.  "Good morning world, and Happy Halloween!!!"  Luz yelled happily.  Her joy wakes everyone else up.  "What the Titan Luz?"  Willow asked.  "Can't help it.  I feel so happy today!"  Luz yelled.  "You feel happy today?"  Amity asked.  "You're thinking, no way!  Luz?  Happy?  Right now?  Yes, I am.  No sorrow, no worries, no misses.  I feel extraordinary today!"  Luz announced.  "Oh.  That's awesome.  So, what makes you so happy today?"  Amity asked.  "You'll see why very soon,"  Luz replied.  "OK then.  What matters now is that you are in a happy mood."  Vee said.  "You bet your tail I'm happy,"  Luz replied.  Downstairs, Luz smiles as she eats her breakfast.  Not even a single flashback ruins her mood.  "Geez.  You are hungry mija."  Camilla said.  "I sure am.  It's a great day today.  A day to feel so much happiness."  Luz replied.  "What happened to her last night?"  Hunter asked.  "I have no clue, but she looks good I'll tell you that.  She doesn't look sleep-deprived, and she isn't moody as we saw yesterday."  Willow replied.  "That's right.  So, Willow.  Did you get a chance to read some more?"  Hunter asked.  "I did.  Thanks again for letting me borrow your book.  I'm already caught up to you guys." Willow replied. "You read that fast?" Hunter asked impressive. "If it looks good, I'll binge that. Anyway, can you believe O'Bailey sacrificed his own life to save the love of his life?"  Willow asked back.  "I know.  Talk about a tragic turn for the worse.  Explains the whole, clone twist." Hunter said. "Heroic, yet tragic at the same time." Willow replied. "Exactly. Now, [takes a deep breath] about what I said to you yesterday."  Hunter said.  "Listen.  I appreciate what you said to me.  Gus' entrance was a bit awkward, but, thank you.  For being so kind."  Willow replied.  "Yeah well.  I'm good, aren't I?  Not expert material, but... good."  Hunter said.  Willow giggles.  Hunter smiles.  "Hey, where is your bandage, Luz?"  Vee asked.  "Oh yeah.  I got better overnight.  Just a little scratch.  No big deal."  Luz replied.  "Aww, but those colors work so well for you,"  Amity said.  "And dark orange, light orange, white, light pink, and dark pink make you more awesome,"  Luz replied.  Amity smiles, then hugs Luz, who hugs her back.  "I'm so glad you are ok,"  Amity said.  "Me too,"  Luz replied. 

Soon after, the gang all gear up.  "So we are off to find ways to get the door fixed.  You sure you don't want to come, Luz?"  Amity asked.  "I know I said I'm happy, but I do have a few ideas for... glyphs.  If we get those written down, we can have a better chance of taking on Collector."  Luz replied.  "I mean, if that's your choice but I'm going to miss you,"  Amity said.  "I'll miss you too.  But at the end of the day, we will reunite."  Luz replied kissing Amity on the cheek.  Amity smiles.  "See you guys later,"  Amity said.  They all leave.  "Are you actually ok, Luz?  All your troubles wash away?"  Camilla asked.  "Yes!  I took your advice, tried it out, and it worked!  I no longer feel ashamed anymore.  I feel great! Upset a bit we haven't found a way, but hey. Got to learn from mistakes!"  Luz yelled.  "Well, I'm glad I can help.  Seems a bit unrealistic how you are completely over it."  Camilla said.  "I can see why you think that.  I was pretty miserable, but believe me.  I'm fine.  For real this time."  Luz replied.  "Whatever you say, mija.  I believe you.  Anyway, I have a call in five minutes.  I'll be on there for a couple of hours, so don't cause any mischief when I'm working."  Camilla said.  "You can count on me, Mama,"  Luz replied.  Camilla then leaves.  As soon as Luz sees her go upstairs, this happens.  "Alright.  Friends distracted, Mama out of my way.  Ok, Luz.  Let's get to work."  Luz said.  She then leaves the house and starts to take a different route to town.  Unlike her friends.  "Do any of you think it's weird Luz is happy?"  Amity asked.  "What?  Why are you upset with that?"  Willow asked back.  "I'm not.  It seems weird.  First, she goes from crying over missing Eda, King, Lilith, and Hooty, to being a ray of sunshine the next day.  It doesn't feel right."  Amity replied.  "You don't think she's faking it to avoid her sadness?"  Willow asked.  "Come on guys.  We trust Luz as much as she trusts us.  Sure this is out of nowhere, but would Luz lie to us like this?"  Gus asked.  "She did lie about saying she's fine,"  Amity replied.  "The point is, Luz wouldn't go too far as to fake happiness to hide her sadness.  Ok, she did, but not full-on joy.  If something is up, let's talk about it.  For now, let's be glad she's happy.  And find a way to get back home."  Gus said.  "Fine.  Still seems off.  Anyway, who had ideas about where we could go?"  Amity asked.  "[sighs].  Ok, I know this is going to sound like a bad idea, but... I think I know the last place we need to investigate."  Vee replied upset and scared.