Part 3

The next day, Margo immediately started looking for Asha to talk to him like Lucy suggested. Avery had gotten sick and wasn't in that day.

Margo: What even happened?

Avery: Ugh.. I got in the crossfire of a stupid prank yesterday. When I was in the courtyard some jerks attacked me with water balloon slingshot from the window of an empty class.

Margo: What?!

Avery: Yeah, I don't think it was for me though, but I have no idea who it was. I was soaked and couldn't get changed for an hour...

Margo: Oh no, did it hurt you when you got hit?

Avery: A bit, but I got hit on my back. It was just light bruising.

Margo: Shouldn't you report this?

Avery: Ma already did. She was livid. Mom had to calm her down before she marched to the school and brought it down.

Margo: Pfft- Anyway. I hope you get better soon.

Avery: Nah I'm missing school so it's not that bad.

________________________________________________________________________

During a passing period, right before lunchtime. Margo was walking to her locker to grab what she needed. When she got there she was just about to open hers when out of the corner of her eye she sees.

Pete: Heya Davis~

Asha: ...

Pete was harassing Asha, again! He didn't even do anything. What was Anderson's problem?

Margo POV: Asha...

Asha was looking away from the big thundering brunette. He had some black headphones on under his hoodie and was seemingly trying to ignore Pete's advances. The bully didn't take the hint and continued to get in Asha's space.

Pete: Phew! I can smell you from here. You take a bath today Davis?

This was a comment was one of Pete's main insults. Asha often had a face covered in dust and often smelled like dust too. It never bothered anyone though and the smell wasn't bad it was just there.

Margo POV: You are literally inches away from him! I oughta—

Asha: ... yes I did take a bath. Did you ? Maybe you're smelling yourself.

Pete: Wha—

On lookers gasp, Asha finally spoke up. He still refused to look at Pete and started moving away from him. The bully was stunned for a second before his face contorted into a scowl. Margo saw this and quickly ran up to Asha and grabbed his hand, positioning herself between the two boys.

Margo: Hey Asha! I wanted to talk to you about the partner project we have together for Miss P.

Asha's eyes widen when he sees Margo and a tint of red appears on his face when he realizes that they were holding hands.

Asha: Ah... right. Okay.

Margo: Great! Let's talk during lunch. Come on!

With that Margo quickly dragged Asha away from the situation and towards the cafeteria. Asha just let her pull him along. Pete didn't bother going after them and just looked on confused. When they finally walk into the cafeteria together, Asha suddenly pulled back.

Margo: Huh, what's wrong?

Asha: I... usually don't eat in the cafe.

Margo: Oh...

Margo knew she had the same lunch as Asha because they had the same last period, but now that she thinks about it, Margo never saw Asha in the cafeteria.