CHAPTER 6

[Chapter 6]

It has only been two days, and they have been using Hyun-Su for useless tasks, like asking him to fetch things from their apartments. They treat him as if he is emotionless and not human. I really dislike that Eun-Hyeok guy; he never considers other people's feelings.

"Are you okay? You don't have to do these kinds of stuff. Ugh, I really hate how they treat you. Do they think monsters don't have feelings too?" I said, feeling frustrated. "They're really getting on my nerves! Those damn bastards." I added, making a middle finger gesture. "Calm down, okay? I can handle this, and you don't have to help me, you know." he replied. "At least be grateful that I'm helping you, duh!" I retorted, rolling my eyes. "Aren't you scared of me? What if I turn right here and now?" he asked. "I don't care if you will turn. I can control those thi-" I stopped myself mid-sentence and covered my mouth. "Nevermind! Pretend you didn't hear that. Let's go!" I said, taking the lead.

⎯⎯

We finished our task and went to where Eun-Hyeok was. Hyun-Su placed the bag on the table and emptied its contents, revealing the batteries. He then left, and I decided to stay and have a word with Eun-Hyeok.

I watched Hyun-Su leave and made sure he was gone before slamming the table with my hand. "What do you think you're doing? Treating Hyun-Su like this? Everyone here treats him like he's some kind of robot that they can order around for their own selfish needs! Why don't you go and do it?" I said. "I know, but Hyun-Su is dangerous, and we need him." he replied. I took a deep breath and looked at him. "Just say that you don't care about other people and you only care about yourself. You're selfish." I rolled my eyes and walked away.

⎯⎯

I went to Hyun-Su's room and saw him handing the key to Du-Sik and opening the room. He then returned the key with the padlock and entered his room.

"Yo! You must be tired, huh? Take a break for a days. I have a feeling that tomorrow's work will be something." I said, locking the door and sitting beside him.

"I'm fine. You can just rest here, and you don't have to go with me if you're tired for coming with me everyday." he replied. I leaned closer to him and looked into his eyes. "W-what?" he asked. I backed off and sighed. "I don't get tired when it comes to you." I said, looking up at the ceiling. I glanced at him once again. "Because you're my best friend. Now, go to sleep, and I'll sleep here." I smiled at him, sat on the chair, and closed my eyes to get some sleep.

⎯⎯

I went to Hyun-Su's room with my hands in my pockets, and I saw those bastards giving Hyun-Su a piece of paper again. I knew it was another task they wanted him to grab in their apartment. "You damn bastards. Aren't you going to stop with these?" I asked, approaching them, they avoided my gaze and stepped back.

⎯⎯

Hyun-Su read the paper as the door opened, revealing Eun-Hyeok holding Hyun-Su's weapon. Hyun-Su flipped the paper and stood up, walking towards Eun-Hyeok to get his weapon, and I followed him.

Hyun-Su went ahead, and I looked at Eun-Hyeok, who was looking down at the floor. "Mark my words, once this stuff didn't stop, I don't know what I'm going to do to with all of you." I said, catching up to Hyun-Su.