Chapter 15: Caring for You

Her hotel room...I mean hospital room
Unfortunately, I can not comply to our deal because even if I did not eat for 15 hours I cannot finish even the soup that she serve. It feels like my stomach has some excess air in it that makes me feel full. I really want to eat some steak or fried chicken this lunch, but I lost the deal, so it is a big chance that my lunch is still soup and a sponge cake.

I feel sleepy after eating so I ask Jisoo if she can assist me in lying down properly on my bed.

She complied, and she lowered the head of my bed to 45 degrees. I usually sleep with two pillows under my head because I feel dizzy If I only use one pillow. In this case, I only have one pillow and it is not enough for me hence, my bed is inclined to 45 degrees. Jisoo promise to buy me some memory pillow foam whatever that is which I just nod because I have no idea what she is talking about.

I don't know what time I fell asleep, but I am woken up by the pain that I feel on the Right lower part of my stomach. I am guessing that the pain reliever already wears off, so I am already in pain. Where is Jisoo? I roam my eyes around the room, but I cannot see her. I pretend to be superman and tried to hear if she was nearby. I even hold my breath just for the sake of it, but it is no use. Am I alone in this room?

The pain is slightly intensifying now. I am sure a nurse will come eventually so I'll just wait for Jisoo or nurse to come. I take a deep breath to somehow relax my body and it might help lessen the pain. I'm in my 2nd cycle of deep breathing when the door to my room opened and I saw Jisoo
peeking into my room maybe to check if I am awake already.

"Hey you're awake. The doctor came in while you were sleeping, and he told me you can eat all the food that you can tolerate." She stops talking when she saw my face. She walks to my bed and touches my cheeks. "Do you have a fever? Why are you so pale? Are you in pain?"

I just nod to her last question and she curses silently. She presses something on top of my head and in less than a minute I heard a knock and a nurse came.

"Good Morning Ms. Ruby jane what can I do for you?"

"She is in pain" Jisoo answered for me.
"I see. May I inform you that there is a Patient Controlled Analgesia that is attach on your line that if you feel any discomfort or pain you can press the red button right here" she points to a button that is located on my left side that she presses immediately " if you press it like I did a while ago the pain reliever will be automatically infused to the IV line."

I don't like this kind of pain analgesic. As much as possible I am shying away from taking any kind of medications if possible unless it is necessary.

"Thank you" I smiled at her and she smiled right back at me.

"You're welcome. If there is anything that you need, please press the call button."

I waited for her to go out of the room before I face Jisoo who is currently looking at me with an impassive expression.

"Jennie I am sorry. Fuck it feels like I am always apologizing to you." She run her hand through her glorious hair a universal sign of frustration. "You are in pain for God knows how long and I am not here to help you."

I look at her puzzled by her reaction. If I am a girl who always assumes everything, in this situation I conclude that she is worried about me, but unfortunately, I am not so I am thinking that she is just plain weird.

Do the tabloids know this side of Miss. Kim jisoo ? Does she have multiple personality disorder, because she is showing different attitude. She is not like this in the office. I have never even seen her smile there but here she chuckles, smirk and for god sake she laughs, of course at my expense. She really is different or is she pretending just to put up the fake Fiancé alibi?