chapter 2

I stabbed the butt off my cigarette and pulled myself up from my sitting position taking some papers with me.

These two have been at it for an hour and a half and they were going to stop anytime soon. He now can last longer in bed. I'm sure it's because of pills he takes like it's his lifeline.

I remember the many times I picked the worn condoms when I cleaned our room since he is a control freak and wants everything neat and organized at home but he never took it upon himself to tidy up the house. He just shrieks like a bitch telling me to my duties as a wife better and that no one accepts a woman who doesn't know how to take care of her home.

I didn't work after I graduated. I got a degree in real estate management which was something I didn't see myself doing but I tried it since it was what caught my eye at the time.

I became a housewife since he said that he was the man and he will take care of the bills I just needed to do my duty as a wife and run his house.

His house my foot.

He has never paid the bills in this house. I pay for everything with my money.

Once he started working in one of his friends company, he started splurging on expensive clothes and watches. The money got into his head. Things he said were not important to him and with me by his side he had all he needed.

Lies.

I buy drinking water every month from Fiji because he said normal water made his throat itch. He never uses his earpods twice. He tries to get whatever his friends have with my money to feel he is of the same level as them. He craved for the lavish lifestyle like a starved dog.

I became a sugar mummy for a grown ass man.

~~~

I entered unnoticed since the door was left ajar. I doubt they would have heard me if I banged on the door. The room smelled like sex and drugs. I had to hold myself from puking. I sauntered across the room and took my gun from one of the drawers beside the bed.

I got it with my licence after I bought the house. I never meant to use it but I felt safe knowing I had some sort of protection under my roof.

I placed the divorce papers on the bed and pressed the gun on the back of his head whilst he was fucking her from behind.

Once he heard the gun click he froze. He wasn't a stranger when it came to guns. He grew up in the worst side of Brooklyn. He knows damn well what a gun sounds like.

I had asked him politely twice to sign the divorce papers. Both times he laughed in my face and walked away making me look stupid.

The man wasn't going to take me seriously until I go crazy on him and I plan to take him up on that. I was going to pull the trigger if he keeps playing with me. Prison would be a better option than being with him and living this kind of life.

I don't want anything from him and I want to get rid of anything that links me him.

"Sign the papers Paul. I won't ask again." I motion him towards the papers laying on the side of the bed with my gun.

The bitch pushed him off her and tried to shield herself from my gun using the sheets. She didn't have to bother, I wasn't going to waste bullet on her. She isn't worth that energy.

He on the other hand, was white as a paper. Sweat trickled down the side of his forehead as he visibly shook. He could tell I wasn't going to take any bullshit from him. I have showed him my anger once when he called the traditional dress my mother made for me when I was young ugly as a joke. I didn't mean to go off on him but sometimes the little things can tick me off. He knew better than to make fun of something that was made from my mother considering how much she means to me. Even if it was a piece of used toilet paper he was supposed to love it.