Chapter 63- Alejandros POV

"Hermano, whats the rush ay?" I call out as I see Ghost running through the building like Soap had planted explosives every where. 

"Valeria. Shot Wolf with a dart."

"La madre que te parió." I pull out my phone chasing after Ghost. "Rudy, Valeria's shot Wolf, mobilise a search team." 

I follow behind Ghost, only stopping to duck in and grab my vest and securing it hastily before leaving the base, hand gun already holstered. 

"She went to that little restaurant you recommended us."

"I know the one. Spread out, we'll find her." If she's still here. I think to myself. Mierda.

As luck would have it, I see a disturbance ahead, people milling around and looking at someone. I cautiously approach and see the Pequeña Cacharro stumbling, close to collapse. Her eyes, the only thing I could see between the mask and her hood were vacant and wide. I don't think she could even see, simply relying on sheer willpower to keep standing. I clasp her close only for her to begin struggling against me. "Cacharro, it's me, it's Alejandro." I don't know how much of my words enter her brain in her state, but after a couple of moments she relaxes into my arms and I pick her up right as she passes out. Mierda, Mierda, "Mierda!"

I jog back towards the base, slowing only to pull my phone out and call Ghost. 

"I've got her Hermano. She's fallen unconscious. Knowing Valeria it's something nasty."

"No doubt. I'll be back shortly." th e phone clicked silent as Ghost hung up. I reposition the woman in my arms more comfortably. Fortunately the base was so close as her slowed breathing was concerning. I decide against taking her to the medbay, and instead take her directly to the room that her Doctors had been sharing. I bang on the door only for it to come flying open with a rather cross looking Dr. Cooper standing in the doorway. 

His expression shifts as he sees Wolf in my arms unconscious and barely breathing. "What happened?" He asks, his tone urgent as he ducks his head back into the room. "McKenzie, get up."

He strides out and down the hallway expecting me to follow. 

"The head of the Las Almas Cartel had her tranquilised with something."

He growls out something that sounded like a vague threat and pushes into the medbay, demanding a room and the equipment he needed. I placed the hybrid down on the bed and stepped back and away as I watched the doctors work. I knew if I left, Ghost would have my head for leaving his girl unattended, even though it was her own doctors who were dealing with her. We had spoken during her previous stay, and he had made it incredibly clear he didn't trust any of them with her. So I stood in the corner and watched as they checked her vitals and drew her blood. 

My phone dinged and I check the message. An unknown number. 'Release my cartel members, or I will make sure she dies.'

Mierda. I hated that fucking woman. Another text follows through. 'She's gone in the wind. We'll have to find her another way.' 

'Ghost, you better get back and soon. I don't know half of what these scientists are saying about your girl.'

'On my way.'

I slip the phone back into its pocket and sigh heavily. Judging by the expressions on the doctors faces, things were not good. At some point while I'd been distracted on the phone, they'd intubated her and set up the heart monitor. I felt my heart wrench to see the state of the usually feisty Wolf laying prone and so still. Only the artificial movement of her chest from the oxygen machine moving her. I had come to appreciate her quick wit and cheerful disposition. She'd had a similar affect on her handler. He seemed less dark and brooding with her around. More likely to engage with others or smile. Not much and only when she was around. 

The man in question came barrelling through the door and the look in his eyes screamed death and destruction upon anyone who laid a hand against his Wolf. In that moment, I feared for my city for if any man could tear it down brick by brick it would be him. He would destroy the very foundations of the world for this woman. I saw then, that she had managed to give him something back that he thought he had lost a long time ago. Someone to live for. He loved her deeply and dearly. I watched as he cradled her face gently and silently begged her to stay with us that he had found his family again. A soul mate of sorts. I knew then, Mexico was fucked if she died. I slip out of the room and call Rudy. When I'm done, I slip back into the room and grab Ghosts attention.

"Hermano, I have Rudy assembling a team to begin searching for Valeria. Do you want in?"

He hesitates to answer, eyes lingering on Wolf as if hoping his very gaze will pull her back from the brink of death. "I will, but I will remain here for the time being."

"Of course. You say the word and I'll give you the reigns." I watch as he nods absently, eyes only focused on one thing. I slip out of the room and begin making plans to ensure my city remains intact. 

Two weeks before Las posadas is due to commence I receive the message from Rudy. 'We're fucked. She's dead.'

My stomach clenches and nausea rises up my stomach, my feet frozen to the spot as I read and re-read the message. No, no, no. Ghost would be on the warpath. We hadn't found out what she had been tranquilised with, not even my own team of doctors who knew Mexico much better than Wolfs doctors had been able to find out everything in the dart. 

I make my way quickly to the medbay, and I can hear shouting. My own medical personnel staying very far away from Wolfs room. Ghosts voice was a threatening rumble in the otherwise quiet wing. In comparison the doctors voices were loud, but trying to calm Ghost down. As I reached the door, there was a stunned silence and then I see Ghost yelling directly at Wolf, her eyes open in a look of shocked surprise. She mouths two words near silently and it pulls Ghost up short in reprimanding her about how she'd scared the shit out of him. He gentles, soothing her thumbs caressing her cheeks as she falls unconscious again. 

I don't know exactly what happened, but the stunned faces of the two doctors is pretty clear. They weren't expecting anything that just happened. I begin to wonder if perhaps there's a force keeping her alive, or perhaps someone in Mexico also does not want Ghost on a rampage. Either way, I thank whichever deity or being or God looking out and keeping the young woman alive, and sidle back out again to deliver the goods news to Rudy.