7 - ꜱᴄᴏᴘᴏᴘʜᴏʙɪᴀ

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ: for those who don't know, scopophobia is an excessive fear of being watched! it can stop a person from enjoying everyday activities or impact their work or school life. also, warning: the first part of this has nsfw.

i thought this is perfect for someone— the reader— who isn't aware that they have a shadow yet, following them everywhere they go.

☕✩°。 ⋆⸜ 🍂✮🤎

- ᴅᴇᴄᴇᴍʙᴇʀ 6ᴛʜ, ᴡᴇᴅɴᴇꜱᴅᴀʏ

*???'ꜱ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴠɪᴇᴡ*

the air is thick and heavy in this storage room, but it's what i'd do for her. i looked down at a few photographs i've printed out of y/n...she always looks so beautiful in that uniform of hers. the way the green apron clings around her dark tee shirt is so memorizing. there has to be a way for me to get closer to her, for her to notice me. i've done all i can do for the most part but the only thing i think i've achieved is scaring her out of her wits.

despite my ardent and ever-growing fondness for her, i stayed back, hidden, only coming out when she was at work or asleep in her bed. i'm afraid of what y/n would be scared to see me, scared of me. that she will run away, leaving me alone...i can't bear the thought of that happening. i can't allow it. no. she's mine. my y/n.

i don't know how much longer i can keep my distance, i've been content thus far watching y/n and admiring her from a distance...fantasizing about her touch, her warmth, her lips...but now, this is all becoming all too repetitive.

hm...i wonder what perfume she wears...she always smells so nice. the clothes i've stolen from her have been lost. i'd like to wear the same perfume too, so i can have her scent cling to me at all times. groaning, i push back my now greasy hair as i shift uncomfortably on the hard ground. when i get out of here, i am most definitely going to take a shower and take the fattest nap known to mankind.

but not without her. not without y/n.

then, almost as if on cue, i heard the sound of footsteps and muffled talking. albeit scared out of my mind of getting caught, i got up and walked over to the locked door leading to the storage room and pressed my ear against the steel, closing my eyes to listen in on what was happening on the other side.

"y/n!" who was that talking? i think...it must be reina ito because that's the only coworker that my love is close to. or so i've learned from my brief time observing her. "do you think you can grab me a few spare rags from the supply closet?" she asked. fuck. i pulled away as i heard what i assume is y/n step closer and tug on the handle, but, luckily, it didn't budge. i made it so it wouldn't yield easily to anyone attempting to enter, but still...the idea of being caught when i've come this far scares the shit out of me.

"what the...?" y/n angrily muttered to herself and then proceeded to pull on the handle, this time more aggressively. she's so cute when she's like that—flustered and irate. i can't help but cover my mouth with one hand to prevent myself from chuckling. i couldn't help but feel a sense of guilt for orchestrating this surreptitious encounter, but the allure of observing her unguarded moments was irresistible. "you're kidding...hey, reina, can you come here please?" another part of heavy footsteps joined y/n on the other side of the door.

"what's up?"

"do you know how to pick a lock?"