Chapter 8

My heart raced as I blinked my way out of the vision. I was still on the floor of the dining room. I gasped for air, looking around at my surroundings. The first face I saw was Ryne's. His tear-filled eyes looked at me as I continued to try and catch my breath. I was no longer gasping for air after the clue I saw, but I was struggling to catch my breath due to panic. What did I just witness? What do they want with me now?

How much longer do I have?

Ryne coached me into a relaxed state so I was able to breathe properly again. I tried sharing what I had seen and heard, but nothing came out. I felt my mouth open. My jaw moved up and down as I tried to talk. Ryne's smile faded into a frown of worry as I started to panic. He placed his hands on my shoulders again, looking me in the eyes before asking me to calm down. He asked if I was having trouble speaking. I nodded a violent yes. Ryne sat back on his heels and asked Axel to get something to write with and on. Ryne turned his attention back to me. We locked eyes as I tried to mouth what I wanted to say. He picked up a few things, but not nearly enough to understand. Axel returned with a marker and a pad of paper, handing them to me. I nodded with a smile as a thank you before scribbling down a few words.

"Omnicius gave me another clue, a vision," the pad read as I held it up for Ryne to see.

"What kind of vision?" He asked.

I flipped to the next page of the small notepad. I scribbled an answer and held it up. "They searched Omnicius for something and stopped at my name," it read.

"Do you know why?"

I shook my head no as Ryne frowned. I flipped to the next page and wrote down what came to mind. I held up the yellow-lined pad of paper for Ryne to see what I wrote.

"I think they might think I know something about Omnicius," it read.

Ryne shifted himself to a standing position. He reached his hand down to me, gesturing for me to take his hand. I handed Rio the marker and notepad before grabbing Ryne's hand. He pulled me up off the ground. I automatically felt dizzy, almost falling to the ground again. I grabbed the chair to keep myself sturdy as Ryne placed his hand on my back. I took Javier's hand as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder, guiding me towards the living room couches. I only took a few steps before gesturing for a break. My head spun as quickly as my stomach was turning. I placed my hand on my stomach, then on my head. I wasn't sure where to rest it, thinking it would soothe the pain in my head or keep my insides from exiting. I tried my best to reach the couches that sat only a few feet away. I stumbled my way a few feet before my vision became blurry. At this point, I was practically being dragged to the couch. My legs and arms became limp and weak. I felt my eyes flutter open and close. Soon I felt my limp body fall softly onto the couch. I blinked hard in an attempt to keep myself awake. I looked up at Dallas, her worried eyes stared back into mine. I managed to squeak out a few words that asked for water. Dallas nodded before wiping the forming tears in her eyes. She wiped her hands clean on her tight jeans, her blond waves swayed as she walked back into the kitchen. Once she returned, I chugged the water down. My throat softened, creating an easy passage for my words to flow. I thanked everyone for their help, this time clearly. Ryne called everyone aside as I put the almost empty water bottle on the table. They huddled together and whispered a plan as if they were on an American football field. I laid down on my back and propped one of the couch pillows under my head, making myself comfortable. The lack of motion settled my stomach while my head continued to throb. I sat up slowly and called the other's attention. My vision was still blurry, even when I squinted in an attempt to clear things up. I pleaded for something to soothe the throbbing pain in my head. Dallas nodded and left to get some sort of medication. The pain grew quickly, forcing me to place my hands on my head. A feeling of drowsiness crept up quickly. I blinked hard, planted my feet on the floor, and sat up straight. I did anything I could possibly think of to keep myself from falling over or asleep. Dallas returned with some medication and a small cup of water. I reached my shaking hand out to grab the water and medication but pulled my hand back.