Chapter 45

╔═════════════════╗
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟓
╚═════════════════╝

"By the way, where did those two weirdos go?" Nami suddenly asked as she looked up from the map in front of her

"Oh, them?" (Y/n) raised an eyebrow, she looked boredly at the object in her hand before smirking "Probably not far" She chuckled while holding the Log Pose which belonged to the two runaways "Here take this" She pushed herself off the chair to hand Nami the Log Pose "Your compass won't work on the Grand Line anyway" 

"How'd you know that— oh, right" She nodded before placing the Log Pose in front of her, it was weird to her, it didn't point in the right direction a compass should "Are you sure this compass isn't broken?" 

"Whoa! Look at this compass!" Luffy cheered as he looked at the compass which was spinning in circles "So cool!" 

"Why is it spinning like that?" Usopp tilted his head in confusion just as Sanji exited the ship's cabin with plates of fish in hand 

"Did you bunch come here to die?" Crocus mumbled with a scoff as he walked over to Nami who looked at him in confusion "Common sense is useless in this sea, it's not the compass that is broken"

"Well that's fine, we got the Log Pose anyway" (Y/n) shrugged "All we have to do is follow it, not really a bit deal"

"Whoa, where'd you get this?" Usopp asked as he picked up the Log Pose to inspect it "It's so... fragile?"

"Of course it's fragile" (Y/n) snatched it from his hand "It's a high-tech compass that allows you to connect to the magnetic field of your next island if you break it... You can count yourself as good as dead"

"Yikes" 

"This isn't bad" Luffy suddenly said making both Usopp and (Y/n) confused as they turned to him "This is yummy!" He cheered as he chewed on the fish that Sanji brought out for all of them "The nose of the Elephant Bluefin Tuna tastes good!" He said in between bites

"The nose...?" (Y/n) uttered silently 

"You need a Log Pose to travel the Grand Line" Crocus finished as Nami turned to him before snatching the Log Pose from (Y/n)'s hands

"So that's what it's called," She said in realization as she inspected it "Good thing we have it"

"It is a good thing you have this, you'd need to be a real idiot to travel the Grand Line without one of these" Crocus chuckled with a smile before Sanji glanced at the (H/c)

"I never seen one of those in the East Blue" Sanji mumbled as he walked up to stand beside (Y/n) "Where did you find this, dear?" 

"I mean... Why wouldn't I have one on me?" She chuckled nervously with a shrug of her shoulders