꒰ 𝐀 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐈𝐈𝐈 ꒱ 𝘽𝙡𝙖𝙙𝙚

F!Reader

・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿

The moon signifies life, yet why did it feel like you lost yours as you stared at the large glowing orb in the sky?

It's a beautiful night, the wind blowing gently as your hair swayed, night birds fluttering around and the garden below the high balcony of the palace still and calm as the night.

If under any other circumstances, you would have loved to be here with Jing Yuan beside you. Oh how you miss his words and his gentle touches, the way he'd hold you and always make sure you were doing fine.

But he's gone and that's something you have to learn to cope with. Even after being married to the new tyrant king, Blade, you still can't bring yourself to forget your dead husband.

Blade was.....much different from Jing Yuan. Always so harsh with his words, his touch rough and dominating, something you weren't fond of. Deep down, you wanted to like him now that he was your husband, you wanted to feel something even if you had to force yourself to do so.

Nothing else mattered anymore, not even you. All that mattered was pleasing your demanding husband at all times or face his wrathful consequences.

You stared up at the moon, a soft smile on your lips as you thought of your life before Blade ascended the throne. You longed to go back there, but it was merely a dream at this point.

As you continued to stare at the moon, you felt a pair of cold arms wrap around your waist, pulling you closer. You shut your eyes and refrained from shuddering from Blade's touch. The man hummed softly and nuzzled his face into the crook of your neck, his arms around your waist as he held you from the back.

"It's late.."

He spoke softly, kissing your neck gently,

"You shouldn't be out here..."

You gulped and forced a smile to your face before turning around, allowing him to hold your body close to his.

"I needed some fresh air.....to clear my mind."

Your reply didn't seem to please him as he moved away from you, his eyes narrowed as he scowled softly.

"For what purpose?"

He scoffed and crossed his arms over his chest. He was a demanding man, one that was hard to please on most occasions, and the worst thing was his always stoic expression, making you unaware of what he felt the majority of the time.

"Just....to think about my life. Do not worry about it, dear."

You smiled and gently placed your hands on his cheeks, caressing his face lovingly, even if it made you sick to the core to do so.

"You don't have to think about it. I give you whatever you want!"

He rolled his eyes and pushing her hand away, he paced around the balcony, overthinking once more.

"Darling, I-"

"Don't, Y/n. Just don't."

You could feel the tinge of fear creeping down your spine at his tone. His words cut the palpable tension in the air and if not for the small amount of fondness he had for you, you'd be dead a long time ago.

It's become a routine, one you've grown to despise with the passing days. Your sole purpose of existence lies to please this man, and this is the very reason of your displeasure. He wants you to love him....No...He needs you to love him.

But how can you bring yourself to love someone who slaughtered your husband without hesitation? And he could slaughter you the same way..

He took away your old life. Your child. Your happiness. And yet you feel the fearful desire to please him at every moment, and it honestly frightens you sometimes, the hold he has on your mind.

"Is my freedom to think being restricted as well?"
You ask softly, a frown etched onto your facial expression, which he noticed with obvious annoyance.

He scoffed and narrowed his eyes at you as if daring you to speak more. "Are you questioning my words?"

Fear tugged at your chest. How you longed to give him an honest opinion, to tell him how much you despise him, but fear holds you back. Fear for what he could do to you. He took away your child's life before they could even be born....and he definitely won't hesitate to take away yours.

"..I- it's just- you restrict me a lot...it's...overbearing.."
The words were soft and barely a mumble as they left your lips. Your gaze drifted to the balustrade as you didn't know what else to regard. "Why do you-"

You knew this was coming. Before you could continue your words, he stopped his anxious pacing right in front of you and gripped your face with a vice hold, nails digging into your soft skin and a scowl on his face.

"Should I show you what overbearing really means?" His words were laced with Venom, a hint of his hidden aggression daring to rise to the surface.

You winced from the painful contact while your hands desperately gripped his wrist, trying to push his hand away.

"You should be grateful you're even alive." He scoffed out and looked down at you. His eyebrows furrowed as he scanned your features with contempt. "I suggest instead of worrying about me being overbearing, you should worry about keeping me happy so I don't have a reason to kill you."

At least he finally let go of your face and you took the opportunity to gasp for fresh air. How you longed to drive a sword through his chest...if only it were as easy as your thoughts made it seem.

"Make yourself useful."
He states out as if it's the most obvious thing. Without a second glance he turns around and walks into the Chambers, pushing the silk curtains as he does so.
"Don't make me regret keeping you alive."

There was a pause as he disappeared behind the silk curtains, anxiety creeping into your skin. You knew what was coming and you've grown to dread it.

And then his words spoke up again, feeling your stomach with a pit of despair.
"You sure love to use that mouth of yours a lot. How about you use it for something useful?"

----

A/n: anybody up for a smut? T_T
Also, I'm back from the dead lol
Another thing, my insta acc is orgxns_xre_txsty

If any of you want, just dm cause I'm bored and have nothing to do. Plus, you could share fic ideas with me.
Thanks a ton >_<