Chapter Seven: The Lady

Six slashed the door shut the moment she got home, and headed to her bed. Kunou looked at her from the couch, surprised.

"Hey Six, you're back earlier than normal." She said, getting up and following her to her room. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, don't worry about it." Six said quickly, her heartbeat accelerating. Kunou frowned.

"It doesn't seem like it's nothing." She insisted.

"Well, it is. It's none of your concern, anyway, because nothing is wrong." Six days, throwing her backpack into the wall. Kunou's eyes widened, and she pouted, putting her hands on her hips.

"I can tell somethings wrong. You seem stressed."

Six whirled around, eyes bloodshot and wide. "I'M NOT STRESSED!" She snapped. Kunou took a step back in surprise. Six signed. "Okay, maybe a little stressed, but nothing a good nap won't fix." She put on a smile, hoping it was convincing. The yokai's ears perked up.

"Nap? Can I sleep with you?" She asked, hopefully. Six was about to say no, when she thought about it.

The Lady said she'd met me when I slept. The logical option is to never sleep again. But that's not good for my health, and I'm curious why she wants to talk, and why she's back. Having Kunou in the room could be good if something bad were to happen while I slept, and she could wake me. So then I should say...

"No."

Kunou's ears drooped. "Oh. Okay." She turned to leave, but Six grabbed her arm.

"I wasn't finished." Six said. "It might not be a good idea to sleep in the same bed with me, for two reasons. One, I'm... a wild sleeper. Two, I'm not real jazzed about sleeping with..." She paused, looking at Kunou. " What are you, an elementary schooler, middle schooler?"

Kunou looked at her, outraged. "What?! It's not like we're doing anything like whatever you're thinking, you pedo!" She squawked.

"I'm like, sixteen, which is like five years older than you, I'm not a pedophile." Six said, her raised eyebrow hidden by her bangs.

"Still! I just wanted to nap with you, and you made it weird!" She pouted and looked away. Six pinched the bridge of her nose.

"I don't have time for this. You can also in the room, just not on the bed with me, got it?" She said.

"Why can't I sleep on the bed? What an I, your dog?" Kunou said indignantly.

"My house, my rules." Six said.

"This is an apartment room."

Little shit.

"My apartment, my rules."

Kunou huffed. "Fine. I guess it's better than nothing." She grumbled. Six breathed a sigh of relief. She climbed into the bed, while Kunou crawled into some blankets.

"Goodnight, Six."

"Night, Kunou."

---------------------

Six awoke in space of chaos. Things changed shape at the softest breath, and no color stayed the same for more than five seconds. The sky looked like outer space, thousands of stars twinkling. It was pitch black, but Six could see like it was high noon on a cloudless day.

Looking down, she stumbled. The ground was almost like an ocean of solid glass, with an almost kaleidoscopic feel to it. Underneath, she could she darkness and fire, and what looked like distorted silhouettes of people crying out, cursing, moaning, and screaming.