First Impressions

First Impressions

-------♥-------

She had never expected to be invited to the Conclave. She had never expected to be the only one left alive after Corypheus's attack on said Conclave.

After Poppy, Cassandra, Varric and Solas had fought the demons in front of the ruins that were once the Temple of Sacred Ashes, she had sighed in exhaustion. Having woken from her unconsciousness by the pain in her left hand, being interrogated by Leliana and Cassandra, having to fight a horde of demons and other nasty things when she had never fought in her life, left her feeling tired to the bone. She had hoped that once the Rift or Breach or whatever it was they called the green wound in the sky had been closed, she might earn herself a rest.

Swiping at her sweaty forehead, she was unprepared to hear a man's voice coming closer to them.

"Lady Cassandra, you managed to close the rift. Well done."

She turned her head curiously towards where the voice was coming from and felt her breath leave her. A man was stalking towards them. He had a stern expression on his face and wore armour that reminded Poppy of a lion's mane. It made him look larger than life. His face was extremely handsome and he had a small scar that ran up the right side of his lip. Her hands started sweating and she could feel butterflies in her stomach.

Cassandra on the other hand didn't react, except with a sigh.

"Do not thank me, Commander. This is the prisoner's doing."

If she wasn't so overwhelmed by the man's arrival, she would have bristled at still being called a prisoner. However, she remained quiet and gulped as the handsome man turned to her.

"Is it?" he said with a sceptic look on his face. "I hope they're right about you. We've lost a lot of people getting you here."

Poppy wanted to reply with a witty retort, hoping to make a good impression on him. You're not the only one hoping that, she wanted to say, but all she managed to get out of her mouth was an incomprehensible stutter. She could feel her cheeks grow warm at her faux pas and shut her eyes close in mortification. She could feel their eyes on her and almost groaned out loud, when the same man that caused her to stutter came to her rescue.

"We'll see soon enough, won't we?"

Poppy was confused and embarrassed and mortified. There went her good first impression.