Chapter 1

“Jade. Jade. Wake up!”, your mom said shaking you.

“Im up! Im getting up!”, you said groaning and rolling around. It was 7 am.

Your mom flipped on the light switch before walking out. After 3 more minutes, you finally rolled out of bed. Today was the first day of school. Senior year. Your mom had to take you out of your old school because it was too wild. Now she goes to Central City High. You got dressed, ate breakfast, brushed her teeth, and finished getting ready for school.

“Bye mom! I’ll see you later.”, you waved as she walked out the door.

“Bye! Have a good day.”, your mom said going back to bed.

You walked out to the bus stop and waiting, along with 4 other people. When you got to school, you stood in line waiting to get your schedule. You dazed off daydreaming on how successful you’d be here, that you almost forgot about being in line.

“UGH! Will you move up or what?!”, someone said behind you.

You looked back. “My bad.”, you apologized and moved up. 

After you grabbed your schedule, you walked over to your homeroom. Half the class was already in there, while the teacher was waiting and reading. You sat down. It  was right across from a muscular boy. You stared at him from the corner of your eye, hoping he didn’t see.

“Um, excuse you?”, a voice said snapping you back into reality.

You looked up. “Yes?”

“You’re in my seat.”

You noticed it was the same girl who was in the line earlier. With out a word, you grabbed your stuff and moved to another seat.

The girl sat down and turned to the muscular boy. “Hey Chresanto.” , she smiled.

“Hey Kiloni. I see we have classes together.”, Chresanto smiled and waved at.

“Yup. Im just ready to get this year over with so I can be done with school!”, she sighed.

“What are your plans for college?”

“COLLEGE?!”, Kiloni laughed. “Didn’t you hear me? After this, I am DONE!”

Chresanto shrugged. “I plan on going to Harvard or something like that.”

“You’re just gonna waist more time in school when you can soon be free.”, Kiloni bragged.

From over hearing their conversation, you knew Chresanto was a good guy, and Kiloni was being a bad influence on him. You had the same mind as him and hoped to get to know him better.

*Later In The Halls*

You were rushing back from Art to get back to class. You tried not to be late since Art was all the way on the other side of the school.

“Just in time”, you said walking into the class breathing. Without looking, you bumping into someone, causing you to drop your books.

“Im sorry. Let me help you with that.”

You got down and helped picked up your things.

“Here you go. Im sorry bout that.”, the boy said.

“Oh no, it’s ok!”, you said hesitantly.

“Are you new here? My name’s Chresanto.”, he said with his hand you.

You shuck it. “Yes. Nice to meet you. My names Jade.”

“Well nice to meet you Jade.”, you smiled.

Interrupting you, Kiloni can and stood between you both. “Come on Chres, there’s a seat over there for both of us.”

“Ok, just a minute.”, he said watching her go sit down.

“Is she your girlfriend?”, you asked.

“No. Just my best friend. She can be a little protective though. I think of her as a sister.”, Chres nodded.

“Oh. I didn’t mean to over hear your convo in homeroom, but it sounded like she wasn’t interested in you or herself going to college. I think you should be around more good influenced people.”, you said.

“Excuse you?”, Kiloni said in a stern tone. “I’ll have you that I am a great influence on Chresanto. I don’t need any prick newbie telling him who he should or shouldn’t be around!”

“Im sorry.”, you shrugged. “Im just calling it like it is.”

“Listen, I don’t want you or your worthless thoughts around Chresanto, you  hear me?”, Kilo said getting in your face.

“Yes.”, you said lowly.

She grabbed Chres’ wrist and walked him over to the seat just before the teacher walked in. Now you knew Kiloni was defiantly off, and Chresanto deserved a much better friend.