Thoughts and dreams; Dukexiety

A/N:

Art credit: Erstwhilesky on tumblr

Inspiration: N/A(kinda popped into my head tbh)

Notes:
• Word count including A/N: 2,179
• Ship: Virgil and Remus; Dukexiety

TW/CW:
• Remus
• Sexual innuendo
• Nightmares
• Knives
• Corpse mentions
• Insects in food
• Mostly platonic but implied that Remus has a crush on Virgil
• Possibly /ooc(out of character)??
••••

"I'm not stupid."
"I have coherent thoughts."

~~~

He knew what he was; intrusive thoughts. Chaos even. At least, Remus liked to call himself chaos.

His thoughts bombarded him with chaos anyways. He thrives off of chaos. Practically lives off of it.

So why did it hurt when he was reduced to nothing more than "unnerving thoughts"? Of course, Remus was in fact, unnerving. It was in his nature.

He constantly asked the questions that seemed to be so dreaded. He never understood why it was so dreaded. They treated them as if the thoughts were like the plague. I mean imagine setting off some sickness that's caused by your thoughts and leaves the others dying? Spewing guts even! That sounds so cool! They wouldn't let him do that though.

Remus himself wouldn't let him do it. He cared for Thomas as much as any other side did. He's just...a little odd.

It always left Remus confused but, he didn't complain. The others, or light sides as they so boldly called themselves, left cracks after discussions or during discussions. Sometiems he could even appear for a whole. It was like feeding Remus, allowing him to slip through the cracks like a massive worm who sucks those thoughts out like a vacuum.

Most of the cracks are usually from arguments. Even Janus has been affected by him. It was...concerning. He didn't care much since these thoughts were wonderful. He just doesn't want him to leave him behind if he finds out that Remus hasn't been doing his job as well on purpose. Though, technically he's doing better at his job since he's letting the others have more intrusive thoughts.

It's just that Janus— and Logan— are a lot more persistent and do their fancy bullshit which leaves a wall between the three. Remus can't do shit. Yet, a carefully built wall will crack after time anyways. Not even Janus could escape. Not even the strongest ones. Hence why he's so persistent in fucking around with Logan the most.

Though Logan isn't wrong. Remus is just unwanted thoughts. Unnerving thoughts. Sometimes it made Remus want to rip Logan's spin out, literally. But he can't. He hardly had an effect on the side and it's been driving him mad.

He wants Logan to snap. Snap like a bone. Snap like a dick-gone-limp. Now that's a curious thought.

Remus sighed. He had been fiddling with the kitchen knife as he sulked in his disturbing thoughts. It was his prime time. 3 in the morning. He thrived during the "witches hour." Why? Well, those YouTube videos you saw that were insistent about NEVER calling random cartoons at 3 AM had quite the effect on your mind.

A quiet fear you got over quick. Oh it's there alright. Even now it is. The feeling of eyes on your back. The hairs of a persons skin standing as a waft of cold air blows.

Sure it sounds like a Virgil thing but those videos had a sense of weirdness. It engraved into your mind. A searing hot branding iron on your brain. It was always 3 AM as well.