Nothing to do...

It's only been six days since May regained consciousness and she was already so bored with her usual routine. The day's plans never changed. She wakes up, freshens up, eats breakfast, takes a walk in the garden, making sure to go a bit longer everyday, eats lunch and remains cooped up in the room till the next day.

May was in a corner of the room, sitting in an arm chair while reading a book she had found. Her thoughts wandered from the book as she recalled going in and out of consciousness.

She thought she had heard voices at some point. One seemed familiar and the other one, she couldn't place.
With a sigh, May dropped the book and got up to get ready for bed.

She didn't feel like being waited on so she decided to take a long bubble bath.
Her right leg still ached as it has not been fully healed.

After taking a much wanted bath, May got out of the bathtub, hair dripping water and went into her room.

She let out a little shriek as she saw someone suddenly standing before her.
"Oh ma'am, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. It's just that you didn't call on me for your usual evening bath and I thought something was wrong so I came to check on you" Zara explained to May, her newly appointed mistress.

"It's alright Zara, just don't spook me like that next time" May responded softly, with her hand still on her beating chest. She was getting used to her new life. She realized two days ago that escape wasn't an option.

There was no where to run to and even if there was, her broken leg would get her no where. She beckoned to Zara to help her with the drying of her hair.
May sat in front of a large mirror and looked at Zara through it.

Blushing, Zara raised her eyes to meet May's and asked..."Is everything okay miss??"
"Zara, I've asked you to call me May. My name is May. I'm not some Miss." May said with a slight frown.
"Miss, my head would be cut off the moment someone hears me addressing
you by your name. It's just not right" Zara said, rubbing the pendant on her neck absentmindedly.

May noticed this and decided to ask about it. "Zara, what is that you have around your neck??" For a moment, Zara looked like she was about to run away but she regained her composure and quickly responded. "It's just a pendant my grandmother gave me before she passed on" Zara hoped May had taken her mind off it.
"Ohhhh, it's pretty" May let out a loud sighhh, scaring Zara.
"Miss..."
"May" She shot back.
"Miss May, is everything okay with you?? You look bothered".
"How can I be okay!! I'm so bored out of my mind and there's nothing to do here!! I'm nothing different from a prisoner kept in a cage. I've read all of the books here...in just five days and I don't go past the garden. It'll just be nice to go out sometime, you know!! Explore this this... place and get to know my surroundings" May poured out her feelings to Zara.

"Why would you want to explore when you have everything here!!" Zara looked at May like she was stupid.
May then realized that Zara didn't know the whole story. She didn't think she would understand anyway so she left it untold.

"No reason, it'll just be nice" May simply said.
"But you know you can't go out because we have to keep your hair a secret!! People can't know about it, I'm sure you know that!! Zara quickly stated.

They've had this conversation a lot of times. May still did not understand why her hair was such a big deal in this place and no one seemed to be willing to tell her so she soon gave up. Even Zara looked at it as if it were treasure of the highest quality.

After drying her hair, Zara made her put on a very light hair net that shielded her hair properly.
May sighed as she slipped into her nightgown and got ready for bed.
She managed a smile for Zara before she left which was returned.

Before Zara left, she whispered something into May's ears. "I'll see what I can do about it Miss May".
May's eyes brightened up too quickly which made Zara to add..."but I'm not making any promises".
May was really elated. She would do anything to get out of this hellhole.
It was extremely beautiful but boring.
She had to get out somehow. May kept the smile on her face as she went to sleep.

Zara walked hurriedly towards her Master's study. She was really troubled about May getting depressed. Even though the thought terrified her, she had to let her master know.
"He might be cold as ever but he's not completely heartless, he's just indifferent to every thing in this world, you got this Zara" She told herself as she finally reached the door which was guarded by two men.
"What's your business here" The redhead guard asked.
"I need to see Master Tyler. It is very important and..." Zara did not finish her sentence before the other guard rudely interrupted her.
"No one is allowed to see him. Turn around". The other guard said, anger etched on his face.
Still keeping her head bowed, Zara refused to give up without getting what she came for. "If you could please just inform him that it's about my mistress then..."
"Are you deaf!! I said get out!!" The guard barked, hand on his gun belt.
"Let her in" A voice called from behind the huge doors. Both guards froze in fear for their dear lives.
"Don't make me repeat myself Ryan".
The redhead named Ryan almost dropped on his knees as he realized that he was the center of attention.
He hurriedly opened the doors and let Zara in.

Zara entered with a victorious smile that soon faded when she heard her Master's voice.
"Yes, Zara!!" Tyler said, not looking up from his desk.
"It's about my new mistress Master Tyler" Zara said, face down.
"Go ahead"
Zara was already used to Ty's attitude so she went on.
"Miss May has been really depressed lately. Almost every day, she complains about not being able to go beyond the garden. She says she's getting real bored and she's read all of the books available. She wants to go out for a much desired walk sir and as her maid, I feel inclined to let you know about this because her health might her affected" Zara sighed inwardly after reciting her speech.

"Miss May!! That's what you call her!!" Tyler sounded amused.
Zara froze. She became so afraid that her knees gave way beneath her. She began pleading with all her might.
"Master Tyler, I'm really sorry. It's just that she insisted that I call her that and that's almost all she talks about after the fact that she wants to go outside. I'm really sorry. Please pardon me this one time Master Chen". Zara only used his last name when she knew she was in big trouble.

"I'll see what can be done about it" Tyler simply said and directed his gaze back to his desk.
For a moment, Zara stared at him open mouthed..."Really...that's it!!" Zara thought as she immediately stood up, thanked him and started for the door, feeling more victorious than ever.

"One more thing, don't say a word about this to her" Tyler added.
Zara's smile crumbled as she dragged herself out of the room, feeling less than victorious. "I knew it was too good to be true" she muttered under her breath. Anyway, she was still glad that she was able to grant her mistress' wish. Glancing sideways at the redhead named Ryan, Zara made a silly face and ran as fast as her legs would take her.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter.
More coming soon.
Please vote

Comment

Follow

And share.

@Yeoung_heart.