Part 11

Coriolanus watches sadly as Peacekeepers take Y/N away. But, he would see her again, hopefully soon. His plan was to stop at home to grab some food for his tribute before heading to the cage to spend some more time with her. When Coryo enters his house, he's greeted by both Tigris and Grandma'am staring at him with a serious expression on their face. He turns red, scratching the back of his neck. "You, uh.. watched the training, didn't you?" He asks with a low and shaky voice. Tigris and Grandma'am turn to look at each other before exploding in smiles and claps. Grandma'am is first to walk up to Coryo, pinching his cheek and looking him up and down. "My little Coryo has a girlfriend!" She exclaims and Coryo immediately blushes. "Grandma'am! She's not my girlfriend! We were just trying to get people's attention!" He tries to explain but they weren't buying it. Tigris walks up next, putting a hand on her cousin's shoulder and giving him the side eye. "Coryo, I've known you my entire life. I know what your looks mean, and the way you were looking at Y/N.." she smiles widely at him, who continues to blush. "Don't lie to us." She gives him a quick pat. "Okay, but she's still not my girlfriend!" He tries to say but Tigris rolls her eyes. "Yet!" She brings her cousin into a soft, comforting hug. After the hug, her happy expression turns back into a serious one. "But.." She thinks of what might happen if Y/N were to die in the games. How devastated Coryo would be, because she knew he'd blame himself. She was so happy for him, yet so scared. Tigris just wishes he could've found Y/N under different circumstances, but they can't go back now. All she could do was hope, and be there to support Coryo through whatever may happen. "What?" Coryo asks upon seeing his cousin's serious face. "I'm just happy for you," Tigris says slowly. "You don't think she has a chance at winning, do you?" Coriolanus shakes his head. "I'll prove you wrong. We'll prove you wrong. I promise." He says with a sudden determination in his eyes. Tigris just nods and Grandma'am comes over to fix her grandson's rose, which was bending to the side a bit. But, with a little love touch, it was back to being in perfect shape, making Coryo look as handsome as ever. Coriolanus then says goodbye to his family for now, grabs some food and water from the fridge and packs it into his bag, then heads out the door to go see Y/N.

________________________________

Peacekeepers quickly open the cage door and push Y/N inside, ensuring that no tributes escape. Y/N, who lost her balance from the push and was getting back to her feet, notices Aaron run up to her. She smiles at him as she clumsily stands, but he doesn't smile back. Suddenly, Aaron gets very close and Y/N tries to take a few steps backwards to make it less uncomfortable, but her fellow tribute from home raises his arms and welcomes Y/N with a strong push to the chest, making her topple over again. She continues to scoot backwards as Aaron approaches her at a fast pace, fists clenched. His face was one she had never seen him have. He was angry, enraged. "YOU IMBECILE!" He yells, getting the attention of everyone in the cage. Y/N assumed she knew exactly what he was angry about, but decided to play dumb. "What? What do you mean?" She says just as Aaron reaches her and pulls her up by her shirt. "DON'T PLAY STUPID WITH ME, Y/N!" He presses her body firmly against the metal bars, making her grunt as the air gets knocked out of her lungs. "Aaron! You- don't understand!" She tries to say, but he tightens his grip before raising his fist. "Oh, I understand completely." He spits, going for a blow but stopping when he feels something tap his back. "You can't hit a girl like that." A boy's voice says, he was maybe 14. It was the boy from District 8. He looked scared, but Y/N imagines he was raised right. After all, he was going out of his comfort zone to protect her. Someone that he may have to kill or at least watch die later on. Aaron shakes his head. "You saw what she did! She's nothing but a liar! A traitor!" He grits his teeth. "It was just an act, Aaron! To get attention!" Y/N tries to make him believe her words, but he wasn't buying it. "An act, huh? You mean, like what you did with me? Except, this time you either magically learned how to act very well, or you really felt something with him, because that's what I saw. You've never looked at me like that, act or not." It takes everything in Aaron not to kill Y/N right here, right now. "I don't care if you're beautiful, I don't care that I still like you! You're not getting away with this. I don't care anymore! We're both not getting out of this, anyway." Aaron cries, shaking his head in hopelessness. "I- I'm sorry, Aaron. I really am. It's not your fault. I think you're a great guy, I just- I don't know." Y/N tries to explain her feelings but the cat had her tongue. She never intended to hurt Aaron, he was her friend. But at the same time, she's known for awhile now that he was dangerous. If it came to it, she didn't think she'd be able to kill him in the games. However, she also didn't think she'd be safe around him.