Chapter 5: A SHOCKING Comeback

-Peter Parker-

I was walking with Marinette, Adrien, Alya, and Nino.  We all walked out of Marinette's bakery, admiring and praising her pastries.  Man, Paris has one of the best pastries in the world.  I hope I can get back home to New York and see if I can compare them to my dear Aunt May's pastries.  

Suddenly, the earpiece in my left ear (so no one on my right side could see) suddenly went off.  Said something about "yellow man" and "shockwaves coming out of his hands".  Sound like my "old friend", Herman Shultz, aka Shocker.

"H-Hey, um, guys?" I started, "I need to head back to the dorms, I promised a...friend of mine that I'd help him study for the test a few days away."

"Oh, alright." said Marinette.

"Hope we see you soon." said Adrien.

-Marinette Dupain-Cheng-

I watched Peter run back to the direction of the dorms when I suddenly heard people screaming about someone powerful robbing a bank.  My eyes widened.

I immediatley ditched my friends and ran into an allyeway and transformed.

...

I landed below the light post next to the one where Spider-Man landed and perched at the tip on.  I wonder how he's even balancing on that thing so well.  Me and Cat Noir were about to ask him what we were waiting for, then we saw our answer: Shocker. 

He leaped out of the building window of a bank.  He then turned to us.  Spidey waved playfully.  I could tell that he was smirking underneath that mask

"Hi, Herman." said Spider-Man.

"Seriously?" Shocker groaned, "Grr..."

He suddenly looked away and decided to look as if he was attempting to escape.  Spidey already took off.  Me and Cat Noir didn't even notice them leave already.

"Give it up! You're never gonna catch me!" called Queen Bee.

"That's what you said last time!" Spider-Man joked.

"I don't want to hurt you, it'll just slow me down!"

"Wow, that's considerate."

I wondered if this was Cat Noir, would I berate him for "wasting time" while chasing a dangerous enemy. Maybe yeah.  Even more so when it comes to villains who have killed people...  We followed Shocker close to the bridge, only for him to immediately change trajectory.

"So what's the money for, Herman?" asked Spidey.

"Why do you care?" Shocker demanded.

"Actually, I don't. Just trying to make a polite conversation..."

"I'm done talking."

"But this could be so much more rewarding if we connected on a more emotional level... Wait, I forgot, you don't have emotions."

We continued to chase him towards my bakery!   I prayed that Shocker would change the trajectory again, to my surprise, Spidey was able to catch up and bump him away.  That was strange...heh, maybe he likes to go there.

"Herman. At least talk to me so we can make it interesting." Spider-Man whined.

He then eventually and suddenly tackled Shocker, pinning him on the hard concrete of the street. He looked up to see Spidey on top of him.