Chapter 5: Trio of Heroes

Dragongirl04282004 BiancaSantana880 ReptileEdge chariobros92 LukeLiebig Caskev21  WolfHowl715 Quantumranger27 FahzTheGorilla
Jacquespawnee Bookoflifefan28 JadeSylvinaVA
Herosperger DonovenMorningstar GWilden2023
JadeSylvinaVA SuperNinjaDragon7
On the Ghost, it had been a few days since the fiasco with the Disruptors and returning the droids to their master. It had been an Earth week since he traveled to this world, yet...Sonic was still unable to get a good night's sleep.

He was able to sleep the first time around after the huge battle in the cave where he shattered the Kyber Crystal. Now that time passed, he still couldn't sleep through the night and always stayed awake and worked on something. Either taking apart something and figuring it out before putting it back together, or even getting lessons from Chopper about the language. Both droid and writing.

He can't say he's exactly fluent in this new language, but he can read a few keywords: or, as, and, but. Great, he has the same reading potential as someone in kindergarten. Who is he kidding? Kindergartners must be laughing at him somewhere in the cosmos.

As the rest of the crew started to wake up, Hera was the first to visit him in the kitchen and noticed the tired bags under his eyes. She was starting to worry about him and looked at Chopper.

"How long have you been awake?" Hera wonders.

"Oh, an hour?" Sonic decided to lie. "Don't know. Time works differently in every world we go."

"Chopper?" Hera looked at the droid.

Chopper looked to the captain and bleeped and grunted in response.

"All night?" Hera asked in shock.

"Sellout!" Sonic called out to the droid.

"Sonic, this can't be healthy," Hera stated. "You need to sleep."

"I can't sleep." Sonic sighed as he rubbed his eyes. "Every time that I close my eyes, I see nothing but that moment. Losing the battle and my friends."

Hera sighed and saw he was feeling guilty.

"From what you told us, there was nothing you could have done to when you shattered the crystal." She said.

"Aren't you the one who's skeptical about the whole story about my world?" Sonic questioned her.

"Skeptical, but you seem to be haunted by it." Hera shrugged. "It doesn't matter if I think it's true. You think it's true."

"Fair." Sonic shrugged and placed his hands on his lap. "I just feel like I should have done something. I could've stopped and listened. If I had fought a bit harder..."

"You fought as hard as you could," Hera said as she sat next to him. "You can't win every battle."

"I should have won this one," Sonic replies. "My friends are missing and scattered across the galaxy."