Chapter 1

Celeste was in her garden in the place she has called home for a year and a half now. It has been a year since she last saw most of her comrades, at a reunion hosted by Withers. Celeste, a druid, with a tad pole in her head found a motley crew of others who had a tad pole as well. Her best friend, Astarion, Shadowheart, Gale, Wyll and Karlach. Her heart sinks when she thinks about Karlach. Her engine could not last long in this world, and rather than go back to Avernus, she decided to go. Celeste knew she could not convince her otherwise but she did miss her fiery friend.

She looked over at the kids playing in the meadow. Halsin saved them, among others who needed help to rebuild their lives thanks to the Absolute. Halsin, a former archdruid of the grove, has been a father to these children, some who lost both parents. Celeste and Halsin have been lovers, and at the reunion he told her, he no longer feels the need to roam free. He is content with her. That should have made her happy but since then she wonders if he will think it was all a mistake and regret that choice. She debated about going to Baldur's Gate and find Astarion. He ascended in Cazador's place and since has been happy with his new life. They however, remained close friends. She brushes off the palms of her hands and decides to go see him. She walks inside her humble log cottage she shares with Halsin and gets ready to head to Baldur's Gate.

As she walks the streets of Baldur's Gate toward Wyrm's crossing she is kicking rocks. Astarion was not home at his palace. She was upset that he wasn't home because she really needed to speak to him. Who in the hells knows where he could be. As she kept walking, she noticed a shadow move out of the corner of her eye. "I saw that Nellie." Celeste called out. Nellie moves out from the shadow "Oh come on that is not fair!" Nellie was one of the spawn Astarion has sired. He treated his spawn quite well. They had their own rooms and as long as they were not on orders from their master had mostly free reign to go where they pleased. She was a human with brown hair, and was 19. "You still can't seem to grasp not getting spotted?" Celeste asked humor in her voice.

"Oh like it is that easy! Well it is not. Ever since we got the ability to be out in the daylight thanks to our master, I have been practicing in the daytime and I still can't seem to handle it." Celeste moves towards her and pats her shoulder. "You will get it eventually." Celeste said, not in the mood to deal with Nellie. As Celeste tried to walk away, Nellie grabbed her arm. "Wait! We recently finished the new garden at the palace! Why don't you come see it?!" "Nellie, I am not in..." she saw Nellie's puppy eyes. Celeste rolled her eyes. "Fine, lead the way." Nellie did a happy squeal as she dragged Celeste back to the palace.

Celeste as she entered the grounds, was awe struck. It almost looks like a mini grove. The trees, flowers all un shades of various purples. She was in love with it. "Nellie this is beautiful. How did.." as she looked for Nellie she disappeared. Celeste shook her head. She always could not stay in one place that girl. Celeste decided to look around a little bit, entering deeper into the garden. She saw various birds, wildlife. Astarion did an amazing job. He and his family of spawn. He had 10 in all. 5 male, 5 female. As Celeste rounded a corner, she noticed a beat sleeping in what looked like a circle of purple flowers. Celeste recognized that bear. "Halsin?" She called out.

The bear stirred. Looked at her and seemly smiled as the bear turned back into Halsin. The tall elf who was built like a God, and Celeste fell for him. Completely. "I thought you were patrolling the borders." She asked. "I was but I wanted to surprise you with something." "Wait, Nellie knew?" She asked. Halsin smiled. "Oh yes, she was in on it." Halsin said as he walked toward her, took her hand in his and walked to the circle. "Celeste, this last year with you has been the most wonderful. The home and community we built, our friends, being in your arms every-night has made me feel more alive than I have ever been." Celeste's heart was in her throat. Is this goodbye?

Halsin then got down onto one knee and produced a gold band, woven with branch like characteristics with little leaves on it. "I love you. You made me realize I no longer need to roam. I have everything I have ever wanted, will you marry me and become my one true mate?" Celeste suddenly felt her eyes water. She stood there what felt like forever just blown away and emotional. She starts to cry, and through her tears, she chokes out a yes. Halsin, happily puts the band on her finger and pulls her down to him as he pulls her pants off. He wants to make her feel so much pleasure.

As they laid there cuddling naked, Celeste nuzzles into his chest. "Did Astarion know about this?" Halsin looked at her, "He more than knew about it. He planned it with me." Celeste sits up and looks at hom in shock. She playfully smacks Halsin lightly in the chest, "Oh I see the two of you thick as thieves. So... then why was he not here?" "Oh he was. He was just not answering you because he was afraid he would spill the beans. He seemed very happy." Celeste shook her head. She made a mental note to visit him later. Celeste tugged on her garments and smile at Halsin. "Come love, let's head home. I think round 2 should be in out bed." Halsin smirked. "I cannot agree more."