Issue #42 - What's The Next Job, Boss?

I sat at the table across from Alexis, a chess board inbetween us. Eleanor sat inbetween us, watching as we played. Sophie was currently cooking food while Aurelia was pacing with a hand to her chin.

To explain what happened from last chapter, no, I did not escape the snuggles for the whole day. I was stuck there until I was finally released the next day.

And now, it's been a month.

Alexis and Eleanor have integrated themselves into this house. One of them is literally an assassin that could easily kill all of us, so not much that can be done there. She does pay rent though.

Now I feel like a freeloader...

As for Alexis, she did literally become the landlord. Which led to her making a deal with Aurelia. Aurelia doesn't need to pay rent as long as Alexis is allowed to live here. So funnily enough, Eleanor is the only one actually paying rent.

So now I've been living with four gorgeous women. A robot maid, a villain for a boss, a goth assassin, and a landlord mobster.

What sort of slice of life comedy is this?

Somehow I've managed to survive the four so far, which has been a difficult battle. If I make any moves on one of them, the others will kill me. If I let any of them make a major move on me, then they'll kill me.

Damned if I do and damned if I don't, basically.

But hey, free housing. Can't complain.

"What's up, boss?" I questioned as I moved one of the chess pieces. Alexis quickly moved one of hers, only for me to quickly move another of mine. She hummed, crossing her legs as she narrowed her eyes at the board.

"It may be time for our next job." Aurelia stated, crossing her arms. "It's been a month, we've made some connections, and it's time to continue the fight against Stromford. You two will be joining, yes?"

"I'm in as long as I get paid." Eleanor grinned. "So yeah, let's kick their asses!"

"Since when have you been so hyped?" I wondered.

"Since I realized it's also your goal, love~" Eleanor seductively looked at me.

"Quiet, you." Alexis sighed, moving a piece. I moved another one of my pieces right after, making her groan. "Anyways, the Cromwells are no longer making deals with Stromford."

"For one, I wouldn't want to work with someone my beloved is against." Alexis replied. "And second, my mother and father did not take too kindly to the news about the I-Genome project. We do a lot of illegal things, but human experimentation is not a line we cross."

Alexis moved another piece. I moved one after, causing her to go into thinking once more as she intently stared at the board. Eleanor had stopped watching the game, instead electing to stare at my face continuously.

"I knew you'd help." Aurelia smirked. "After all, my precious henchman is in on the plan."

"Well, you are the one who pays me." I replied.

"And I will now too, beloved~" Alexis smirked as she moved another piece.

Praise the existence of sugar mommas!

I moved another piece. "So what's the job?"

"A little bee told me some important information." Aurelia stated. "In a few days Stromford is going to transfer some equipment and such from the South Stromford Facility to outside the city."

She grinned, leaning forwards. "We're going to intercept it. Our main goal here is to either destroy or loot whatever is inside. And we're going to make a scene doing it. Remember my grand plan, Jason?"