Thirteenth chapter

Hiii!

Sooo, this chapter is focusing on a couple different characters, so yk... to know they're still there.

Also I want to bring some more focus on Gaia and Luke's relationship evolving. It's kinda hard to do that sometimes when everything is told out of Percy's pov.
But I am doing my best :)

Anyways, I hope you like this chapter, don't think any TW's are needed for this one.

Hope you have a great day,
Pigeon, that was abandoned by humanity

.

.

.

.

.

Dear son,

I don't know where I went wrong in raising you, but I wish there was something I could do to reverse it. Give you back your childhood or something.
Because you (at the ripe age of ten years) wanted to go outside and draw some leaves you found, when you could have gone to the new adventure park with Felix, Nico and me. When I was your age, I probably would have gone by foot because Granny and grandpa would have taken too long packing everything.
So I really hope this is not something I fucked up when you were younger or that you do not have some brain deficit that makes you mentally age faster... yeah, shit.
By the way, Nico was so devastated, Felix had to take him to the adventure park anyway. I hope they are having fun, because I will be joining you in drawing plants. Honestly, it doesn't sound too bad and I think I still have some pens in the back of my closet that we could use.
(Oh, and I will be taking you for ice cream later, because no one can say no to that!)

With all my heart,
Your mom

Going back to school felt surprisingly good (at least it was better than sitting in a hospital room all day). Finally I could walk around again, talk to some people and stimulate my mind a bit. The only thing I wasn't particularly looking forward to was seeing Atlas again, but the only time I really saw him was outside the school. He was standing there with some of his idiot friends and Zelda. When Zelda noticed me, she tapped Atlas' shoulder, who then looked up to me. I couldn't really tell what the expression in his eyes meant, I had never seen it on him before and he turned away, retreating into the building with his group. I shook my head, confused by his behaviour.
"Hey, there's someone waiting for you!" Luke whispered in my ears.
Distracted, I muttered. "What? He just went inside-"
To my luck Luke wasn't paying attention to me and nodded over to the person he actually meant. Silas. He was standing close to the entrance, smiling and waving.
"Oh." I couldn't help but smile back at the blonde boy, walking in his direction. Luke and Gaia didn't follow me, but I could hear them giggling like preschoolers. Ignoring them I got to Silas, stopping in front of him.
Only now I noticed how... small he was. Well, compared to me. He was probably somewhere around one eighty, so actually pretty tall compared to others. I looked him up and down once, smiling at the fleece jacket he was wearing.
"Nice jacket."
"Really?" Silas asked, crossing his arms. He tried to look stern, but his mouth twitching gave him away. "You just got out of the hospital, but you're commenting on my jacket?"
"Well, it is a very nice jacket." I answered sheepishly.
Now Silas couldn't stop himself and smiled, shaking his head. When he looked back up at me, his face was all soft and glowing again, just like it usually did. He looked cute.
"Okay, enough about my jacket!" Silas let out a chuckle. "Tell me how you're doing!"
We both looked at each other and I had to hold back a smile, since I was supposed to talk about a rather serious topic (grinning now would probably be the last straw and convince him I was indeed insane).
"So, Luke and I got into that car accident and I also killed that harpy... and after that I remember waking up in one of those dreadful hospital rooms."
"Oh, they are awful, aren't they?"
"The worst!" I agreed. "You got some experience with those too?"
As an answer Silas lifted the hem of his shirt, revealing numerous scars on his stomach while also exposing a nice set of abs, but I tried not to focus on it for too long. I led my eyes back up to him, giving him a crooked smile.
"I thought about visiting you, to give you some company since I know exactly how boring long hospital visits can be." Silas turned his gaze away from me, his cheeks darkening a bit as if he was embarrassed.
It confused me. First I didn't really get why he would get self-conscious, it would have been a really nice thing to do... and second, why would he have visited me? While wracking my brain for an answer I started frowning, which didn't seem to help Silas insecurity. Quickly I smoothed out my face, asking: "Why didn't you?"
"Because I wasn't sure if you would want me to... I mean we barely know each other."
"Fair..." I held up my phone that I was holding in my hand. "You could have texted me."
"I don't have your number." Silas was still a little red, but the spark in his eyes and the little smirk on his face made me feel like I was the idiot now. When I didn't say anything (because I didn't know what to say), Silas took a step forward, gesturing towards my phone. "Maybe you could give it to me... just in case of any possible hospital visits in the future."
"Oh!" I could have slapped myself in the face. At least a hundred times now I had observed how Luke had asked girls for their numbers or girls for his, but now that it was happening to me I was blind to it. Wow. It was just like when Atlas kissed me, my mind blanked out and I had no idea what was about to come next. "Sure, here."
I unlocked my phone and handed it to him. I watched as Silas typed in his number, then handed it back to me and placed his hand on the small of my back. Only quickly while he said his goodbye.
"So, I should get to class, but talk to you later?"
"Talk to you later."
I watched Silas disappear in the building, before checking my phone again. Just as I was about to type his name in, I realised that he had already done that. Sunny boy, it said (a little stereotypical, but I wasn't going to tell him that).