~perfect~

Bang

Carl yelled out in pain, falling backward onto the floor as red started pooling around his shirt. Cassie fell forward as she was pushed, her hands moving toward her.

A gun in her shaking palms.

Spencer looked at her with wide eyes.

Then at the bloody man.

Then at the crying, screaming mother that ran to him.

Then to his shocked team.

And then back at her.

She looked back at him.

Tears pooled in her eyes as she realised what she did.

She shot him.

She shot him.

If he died, it was on her.

Prentiss called the SWAT to arrest Mary, pulling her arms back and the rest helping keep pressure on Carl's abdomen.

Carlisle let out a breath.

She stepped forward.

One step.

Two step.

More and more until she reached the sobbing brunette.

Her arms wrapped around her shaking body, tears threatening to fall as well.

Reid watched on, unsure what to do with Morgan by his side.

He heard her muffled cries, his heart breaking at the sound.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so so so sorry. I couldn't do it. I love you so much. What did I do, C? Is he- is he dead. Oh my god!"

She let out a large sob, the entire team covered their mouths as they looked at the reunited friends.

Carlisle rubbed her sister's back, rocking both of them back and forth in an attempt to soothe her.

She couldn't stop the tears flowing as she listened to her cries.

"I killed him! I'm so so sorry. I didn't mean to."

"Shh, you did what you had to, Cass. He's alive. Okay? He's alive. And you're okay. Everyone's okay."

They sat on the floor for ten minutes. The only sound in the room was Cassie's sobs and heaving breaths.

Carl had been taken to the ambulance waiting outside.

JJ and Prentiss had left the room to talk to Hotch about what happened.

Morgan stood by Spencer's side, rubbing his shoulder every now and then, feeling his heart racing.

Eventually, Cassie raised her head from her friend's shoulder, her pale skin painted with tear streaks and the whites of her eyes red.

And yet he still found her perfect.

Carlisle smiled at her, helping the younger woman stand, despite her shaking legs.

Slowly, the Lowen girl turned to face the two men, eyes immediately flicking to the brown haired one on the right.

She forced a smile, trying her best to look normal.

After everything.

After all their conversations and this is house they have to meet.

Out of all the places.

He smiled back at her.

Morgan glanced between the two of them, rolling his eyes playfully, "well hello again to you too."

Cassie looked over to him, "sorry. Nice to see you again."

Reid and Carlisle raised their brows, almost forgetting how she just spent ten minutes crying her heart out.

"Again?"

"Tell you another time."

Morgan grinned his classic grin, charming and all.

He patted his friend on the back before waving at the two brunettes and going out of the door.

Carlisle doing the same.

And then it was just the two.

And the awkward stares.

And the tension you could cut with a  pair of scissors.

But that didn't matter to them.

This was the meeting they wanted.

No bloody man on the floor.

No weapons pointed at her.

It was perfect.

She was perfect.

He was perfect.

Everything.

Was.

Perfect.

---

Aahhh.

So sorry for the long wait and short chapter I just really had to get one out.

Hope you enjoyed !!!!