07. My Dearest, Auntie Furina.

"Ah-Huh?! You must be joking of course! Right?" Furina said as she paused and held her teacup halfway through, listening to what the Melusine, her attender for the day just said

"Ah-Huh?! You must be joking of course! Right?" Furina said as she paused and held her teacup halfway through, listening to what the Melusine, her attender for the day just said. The little being smiled happily as her eyes lit up with excitement.

"It's true Lady Furina! (Y/n) finally called monsieur Neuvillette 'papa'! Ah, he visibly looked so happy when (y/n) kept calling him 'papa' today morning! I hope she calls me sister one day! Her cute little cheeks and eyes are so adorable!" The little melusine said with a smile on her face whereas Furina had an astonished look on her face as she recalled the events of yesterday. 

She retraced her hand back to the table, placing the teacup down as she laughed to hide her visible disappointment. "Of course! Children would firstly learn to address their parents before addressing any other relative...of course..." 

Furina tried to convince herself that it was fine but deep in her, she felt as if she lost a war. 

....

"Papa! tisooo!" the little child whined as she clung onto Neuvillette's legs, begging him to handover the tissue she was chewing on. Her eyes were teary as drops of tears stained her soft chubby cheeks. Her little hands clasped onto Neuvillette's pants for dear life as she continued to cry.

 He could only look at her sobbing face without uttering a word as he was quite uncertain of what to do. Of course, walking away was easier but he knew better of what the little child would do. She would cry till she forgets, which was a win-win situation for him however, in return he would have his eardrum torn apart. 

"Let go, (Y/n). I need to review a few more documents." He tried saying it out calmly but the child refused to let go as she cried. Standing frozen in one spot for about twenty minutes was starting to feel tiring for the man as he sighed and looked at her.

"How about apples? Do you want me to peel you some apples?" He asked. The little girl stopped crying for a moment as she sobbed. Noticing that she had calmed down a bit, Neuvillette repeated his question again, 

"Would you like some apples?" to his question, she replied him with a nod of her head as muttered "aaah" in affirmative. 

He bent down and picked his daughter up into his arms as he began patting on her back in an attempt to sooth her down. while walking down the hallways of their residence,a few maids glanced at the two but they could only greet and awe at  Neuvillette's warm behavior  towards (y/n) . 

"Monsieur Neuvillette! Lady Furina is here for visit!" Sedene said as she came running down the hall from the opposite direction. Neuvillette stopped on his track and looked at the melusine in disbelief as he did not expect the Hydro Archon to be visiting him, especially when it was almost time for the evening tea.