|01| Chapter

Vihaan POV:

After my grandfather left, I delved into some company files. Next week, I would be in Paris for some relaxation and, admittedly, for some underworld business.

My brother came barging in; he's not just my brother but also my best friend. He screamed, "Whoa, man, you're getting married? What the heck?" I didn't even bother looking up as I asked, "Who told you rahul?" He replied, "Dhada has been over the moon. He's in the living room telling everyone about it."

I sighed, closed my laptop, and stood up, saying, "Yes, I did agree." He asked, "Why, bhai?" I questioned, "What do you mean why? He wants me to get married, so I am." He asked, "Then what about your searching?" I said, "I am going to Paris next week for one last search. Let's see."

I had been searching for the love of my life all over the world since I was a college student. I hadn't dated anyone. Somehow, I had always felt that I was meant to find her. It was as if the universe was telling me that there was someone out there for me and kept pulling me in that direction. Despite trying to go out with a few women, I felt that something in me was incomplete.

He wished me the best of luck, saying, "Bhai, I hope you find her soon." I nodded as he hugged me. No one in the family knew about my search except him. He was my best friend, and we had been like since childhood.

I went downstairs to see everyone gathered in the living room, happily smiling. My dad asked my grandpa "He really agreed?," and he nodded vigorously. As I cleared my throat, everyone stiffened and looked at me.

I went in, sitting down, and Shristi came over, sitting beside me. She asked, "When are we going to see bhabi, bhai?" I sighed, saying, "After my trip to Paris." She pleaded, "Can I also come, bhai, please?" I shook my head, "You have college, Shri. I'll take you next time." She nodded.

I've always loved my family. They are so supportive, but I admit everyone is a bit scared of me, maybe because of my cold tone or my personality. Okay, I agree, I am a bad-tempered man as well. My mom asked me, "So, after the trip, are you going to meet her, Vihaan?" I nodded, saying, "Yes, Maa, I will." My mom clapped her hands happily.

I turned to Mihir chachu and said, "Chachu, I am leaving the company in your hands from next week." He nodded, saying, "Don't worry, Vihaan. I will handle it." I nodded.

Anandh asked, "Bhai, then what about me?" I said, "Learn some things from Chachu until I come back." He nodded. I got up, asking, "Is there anything more to discuss?" Everyone shook their heads, so I went to my room to pack my stuff.

In my private plane en route to Paris, the city of love, I fervently hoped to find her there. The prospect of marrying a stranger weighed heavily on me, and I couldn't fathom how my grandpa, Is he ill?, how could he promise his friend about my marriage without consulting me.

The notion that we owed her baffled me; if there were debts, we could settle them financially. How could he casually give away his grandson? These thoughts occupied my mind as I sighed and opened my laptop to attend to some work.

After an exhausting 8-hour journey, I checked into a hotel. My personal assistant, Shiv, called me about a sudden client meeting. Despite fatigue, I freshened up and attended the meeting. By the end, I was so drained that I didn't realize when I fell asleep.

The next morning, I hit the streets of Paris, searching tirelessly. By evening, I found myself sitting on a bench in a park, sighing in defeat. She was nowhere to be found. Frustration mounted, and I returned to my room to get ready for some business engagements.

Later, I entered a pub where familiar faces bowed in acknowledgment as I made my way to a VIP room. Many leaders from the global mafia network were present. They updated me on various matters, but one leader reported a problem—there was a spy in their casino who had recorded everything. They had captured him and confined him to a dungeon.

My eyes flashed with anger, and I spoke with a commanding voice, "He should be here before I leave. I will deal with him personally. How dare he enter my place?" The atmosphere grew tense, and everyone was visibly scared. This was the usual demeanor I carried, At times I was scared of myself as well.

I concluded the meeting, telling them to keep me updated. These leaders from around the world acknowledged my authority reluctantly. I had earned the title after taking down their former boss the previous year, a position I never desired. But It ensured safety for everyone as long as I held the title.

Exiting the pub, I welcomed the fresh air, hoping that amidst the chaos of my life, I might still find the one I had been searching for.

Suddenly, my nose caught a scent unlike any other, drawing me in. I followed the fragrance, and after walking for some time, I discovered that it was coming from a girl. Her back was faced to me, With a camera in hand, she was capturing the beauty of the Eiffel Tower. My heart screamed that she was the one.

As she turned towards me, our eyes met, and everything else vanished. We stood there, just looking at each other. The surroundings faded away, leaving only her and the pull between us. Her scent was intoxicating, driving me crazy. She was beautiful and elegant, dressed in a cute white floral top. Though she was tall, I was taller, which meant if we hugged, she could feel my heartbeat.

As she looked at me, her eyes welled up with tears out of nowhere. At the sight of her tears, an overwhelming desire to protect her surged within me. I wanted to take her into my arms, shield her from the world, hug her to sleep, and ensure she felt protected. I took a few light steps towards her and whispered, "Vie."

As I inched closer, I cupped her face. She flinched a bit, and I wiped her tears gently. She just stared at me without saying anything. Cute, I thought, as I scanned her face. She was perfect, but her eyes, her chocolate brown eyes, held pain—pain she hid from the world.

When my gaze landed on her lips, an intense desire to taste them surged through me. I leaned in, and to my surprise, she didn't move. So, I placed my lips on hers. They were incredibly soft, and she tasted sweet. After a moment, she pushed me away and started running.

"Oh my god, what did I do? I just ruined a chance with her. I've been searching for her all around the world, and when I finally found her, I ruined it," I mentally scolded myself, chasing after her. I didn't even know her name, but it felt like I knew everything about her, like we had known each other for lifetimes. I called after her, "Vie, please stop!"

She kept running until we reached a hotel. I looked up and realized it was the hotel I was staying in. I had kept her beside me all the time, unknowingly roaming through the streets like an idiot.

She went into the lift, which didn't wait for me to enter. Determined, I took the stairs, hoping to catch her on any floor. Finally, she got down, and to my surprise, she lived on the same floor as mine, in the room opposite mine.

She ran inside and locked the door. I banged on her door, saying, "Please, Vie, I'm sorry that I ruined this, but please let me explain." I could hear her cries through the door, and by that, I knew she was sitting near it. I sat on the other side, saying, "Please, Vie, open the door. Okay, fine, don't open it, but please stop crying."

After some time, I heard the door click, and I stood up. The door opened, revealing her standing there with puffy eyes – a clear sign that she had cried, and it was because of me. The weight of that thought broke me. As I approached her, she placed a hand between us, saying "Only talking." She went inside the room, leaving the door open. I followed her in, closing the door behind me.

***

Attention dear readers,

I'd like to address a common observation that some of you have made regarding the pace of the relationship between our hero and heroine. This is "Reincarnated series." Yes, it might seem like they're moving at the speed of a bullet train, but there's a deeper reason behind their instant connection.

You see, they are not mere strangers; they are souls bound by an unbreakable promise made in their past lives. The intense pull they feel towards each other is a result of this profound connection, a bond that transcends time and space.

For those curious about their past lives and the origins of their promise, I invite you to explore "My First Love's Promise," available in my profile. However, please rest assured that this can be enjoyed as a standalone story as well.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support.

Happy reading!

𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐕𝐢𝐞On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara