8

[Name] yawned as they exited the train, stepping off onto the platform. It was 9:40 pm, 20 minutes away from the (probably gang!) meeting they were invited to. Exhaustion seeped into their bones, traversing throughout their whole body. They blinked sluggishly, sometimes even stumbling, but they ventured on, grumbling when people didn't move out of the way.

They hated the walk, the vigorous exercise made their legs burn and their feet sore. Not only that, but they had barely made it on time to this 'meeting,' getting there at 10:05. They walked up the steps to the shrine to see rows and rows of men in uniform...gang members.

'The fuck?'

[Name] stifled a laugh at the serious expressions on everyone's faces. They were all listening to this one short teenager at the very top of the stairs, his shoulder-length blonde hair in a half-up, half-down hairdo. His eyes were pitch black, void of light. They reminded [Name] of obsidian, the stone that means clarity and 'truth for all.'

A much taller and muscular guy was standing next to him. His hair was a different shade of blonde, but it's not like he had much of it anyway. The sides of his head and the back were shaved, shiny and smooth, with a dragon tattoo curling around his left temple. On the top of his head was where his long, straight hair was, tied into a neat braid. His eyes were also black, but it seemed as if they had more...light to them, more life.

[Name's] more...casual appearance caught some eyes and, soon enough, the two just formerly described also caught wind of this.

The shorter guy simply gazed at [Name] and then resumed talking, his face serious and his voice booming and commanding. The taller one next to him eyed [Name] up and down, his arms crossed.

Eugh. [Name] hated being stared at like that. They stood in their place awkwardly, fidgeting with their hands. What was one meant to do in this situation?

Some gang members looked at [Name] with curiosity while others were a tad bit more aggressive, snarling and glaring, but they all knew better than to interrupt their short leader... they didn't have a death wish, thank you very much.

After what felt like an eternity, but was really only five minutes, people had started dispersing, leaving only a few stragglers and what [Name] assumed to be the higher-ups.

'I don't know shit about gangs...but they look important.'

[Name] scratched their head, a nervous habit, as someone approached him. He was around 15 and had downturned lavender eyes, his lilac-silver hair short with a slight undercut. [Name] blinked as their eyes travelled over his body, eyeing the more muscular frame, before they looked back up to meet the teen's striking lavender eyes.

"Hey, [Name], right? It's Mitsuya." He smiled, his eyes crinkling up in the corners as he held a hand out, waiting for them to shake it.

"Oh." [Name] replied dumbly, forgetting to voice out their next words which were meant to be 'Hi, nice to meet you.' Instead, they stood there for a good second or two before their mind finished processing what was going on.

"Uh. Yeah. Hi." They quickly added, shaking Mitsuya's hand. He had kept a polite smile on his face, patient despite [Name's] awkward demeanour.

"You look nice."

[Name] felt heat rise to their face, their heart hammering in their chest.

"Oh. Thank you." They grinned, scratching their cheek. Just then, Mitsuya glimpsed over his shoulder, sweat dropping at the sight of Mikey glaring at him while pouting, his arms crossed. [Name] didn't even notice.

"Ah, I should introduce you to the others." Mitsuya chuckled. The 'or else I'll have to face a whiny Mikey' went unsaid... not like [Name] picked up on it, anyway.