Part 15

Scene continues........
Rajveer and everyone else was sitting in the corridor of the hospital...totally numb...enduring the bustling pain in their heart in silence when suddenly.....Rajveer's phone rang.

Rajveer(on call): Hello Maa.....
Preeta(on call): Rajveer...kaha hain tu beta? Shrishti bhi kahi dikhai nahi de rahi...vo toh apna phone bhi ghar par hi chod gayi hain.
Rajveer(on call): Maa vo main.....office mein hoon aur maasi bhi yahi hain. Aap chinta mat karo....hum jaldi ghar aa jaaenge.
Preeta(on call): Chal theek hain.....
Rajveer cuts the call.

Just then the operation theatre's light went off. The doctor came out.

Rajveer: Kaisa hain Shaurya?
Karan: Vo theek hain na?
Sameer: Use hosh aa gaya na?

The doctor: Use hosh toh nahi aaya hain lekin maine operation kar diya hain. Agle 48 hours bohot critical hain...agar hosh nahi aaya toh....we will lose him.

Everyone was shocked to hear this and they all regretted their every behaviour towards Shaurya. 

Rajveer sat down on the floor crying when suddenly.........

"Rajveer....."called out Palki.
Everyone's gaze shifted from Rajveer to Palki.
Palki: Rajveer.....kya hua? Tum ro kyun rahe ho?
Rajveer(crying): Shaurya......
Palki(cupping Rajveer's face): Kya hua devar jii ko?
Rajveer narrated everything to Palki and she sat down on the floor slapping her forehead as well.
Palki: Ab main Maa ko kaise samjhaungi yeh baat?
Rajveer(crying): Maa? Vo kaha se beech mein aa gayi?
Palki: Vo aaj seedhiyon par paani gira hua tha aur vo neeche utarte wakt aakhir ke 2 seedhiyon se gir gayi.
Rakhi(teary eyed): Kya?
Rajveer(teary eyed): Aur tum yeh mujhe ab bata rahi ho Palki? Seriously?
Palki: Maa ne mana kiya tha lekin ab vo......

"Rajveer...Palki...."called out someone.
Everyone especially Karan and the family members recognized the voice. It was her, Preeta, standing there with an innocent face unknown that her son was swinging in between death and life.

Preeta came to Rajveer.
Preeta: Rajveer....kya hua? Tu ro kyun raha hain? Aur....tu ne mujhse jhooth kyun bola?
Rajveer: Maa vo......

"Preeta....."mumbled Karan teary eyed.
Preeta looked at the person and as soon as she saw Karan....she started feeling uncomfortable. 

Her ears started echoing with the past taunts, confessions and insults. She closed her ears.
She saw someone black and white as soon as she closed her eyes and then it suddenly colour changed itself revealing the face of Karan.
Rajveer: Maa....maa aap theek ho?
Preeta(closing her ears and eyes)(suddenly screamed): KARAN!
She opened her eyes and saw Karan standing infront of her.

She stood up teary eyed and....
Karan(cupping Preeta's face)(teary eyed): Preeta....tumhe yaad aa gaya sab kuch?
Preeta(teary eyed): Haan....sab yaad aa gaya mujhe.....
Karan(crying): I am sorry...I am really sorry for everything.