01| The Newcomers

Captains log, stardate 5,400

I found myself here again, four years after my own solo escapade. I couldn't sense my own emotion. Exhaustion from being in my own isolation for four years? or the rambling from the giant hand in front of me?

"Look, Samus, all you have to do is stand and watch." Master hand said, "Think of it as uh- you're me for the day."

"How exciting," He handed me a list, each categorized by what I would assume is the roster, "Dark pit?" I asked, I guess he could sense my confusion for the identical idiot.

"He's got something different about him." Master hand sighed. "If you need anything ask mario, he opted out of being here but- thats okay!"

I raised an eyebrow, knowing he wouldn't be so gentle with the other mascots if they were to "opt" out . My eyes scanned as the list continued. While I already knew the names of some of the newcomers, others weren't so lucky. I could expect some of the odd names but it was the normal ones that seemed weird. Robin, for example, had to be so normal it was strange.

I tucked away the list and waited for the first "employee" to arrive. Which happened to be a dweeb little man wearing a bright red shirt. He had a similar yet different group of men and women behind him. I smiled, handing them a pamphlet and giving them directions to the auditorium. "Welcome, Villagers."

They made a small sound which sounded like high pitched gibberish. The first one stopped, pulling on the glowing cuff I wore around my wrist and spoke the same tongues. He pointed in the opposite direction at a white haired woman coming through.

I furrowed my brow, unable to understand the little guy. He gasped upon seeing the female and ran the other way, leaving me and her confused. She exhaled slightly, chuckling quietly, "All I said was hello!"

"Welcome," I said, as we were both left confused by the villagers actions.

"MOTHER WAIT!!" I turned around seeing what I would assume is another member of fire emblem. Her blue hair being a dead giveaway to the obvious relation to the rest of them. She appeared to be much younger though. I shook my head briefly, remembering why I was standing here in the first place. "I almost lost you through the crowd! I don't know where Robin is!"

She seemed out of breath even though there was a short distance between the door and outside. I could feel my eyes flatten in annoyance at the dramatic nature of the girl. "I'm sure he'll find the way, Lucina." The pamphlet was taken from my hand as the two of them continued to walk down the hall.

One by one fighters marched into the building. Some trying to show off and others gazing around the mansion as if they were dreaming. Each fighter weirder and weirder as they stepped through the door. After a dog and a duck popped in I could expect anything. I sat boredly against the wall, folding the hundredth pamphlet into a paper airplane. My eyes barely moving up as the next person came in, until I heard what sounded like bare feet rumbled against the tile.

"Let's step up the intensity!" A soothing voice taunted in front of me, my gaze shifted up as a pale two toned woman stood there, occasionally bouncing on her toes. She seemed pretty sure of herself yet at the same time nervous at her choice of words. "I guess you're pretty ready for this."

Her pale skin formed into a smile, "As ready as I'll ever be, this beats training fat people by a million."

I glanced down at the sheet of paper in front of me, scanning each name as the list went down. I stopped at one that seemed plausible 'Wii Fit Trainer', I was slightly curious at what she had in store.

"I can only imagine." I smirked at the description of her former employment and handed her the pamphlet. "I'm sure Wario and Mario have a high bmi but what exactly do you have in store for the rest of us?"