Chapter 3

Upon stepping out, I saw a few people eavesdropping outside.
David was furious:
"How dare he be so shameless!
I won't stand for it anymore.
I'm going with you!"

The others also looked upset:
"Betty, you're the one who brought up XHA. What will we do if you leave?
Are we going to work with that guy who sneaked in?"

I smiled and patted David on the back:
"Forget about it. You still have loans to pay.
I'll take the first step, and when I make it big, I'll bring you over."

On the day I left XHA, it was snowing.

I looked back while holding my belongings. The building was shrouded in snowflakes falling from the sky, and bright lights shone through the darkness.

I don't know if the snow got in my eyes, but I suddenly felt a bit teary.

I worked here for nine years.
I watched the company go from our dorm to a small rental near the school, then to a two-story shop, and finally to a high-rise building in the city center.

When we first came in, a few of us sat on the empty floor, legs crossed, crying and laughing, bragging about how we would make it big soon.

I was willing to devote my life to it.
But in just a few short years, I had to bid it farewell for good.

...

After I left, I heard Lily hold a meeting to warn everyone that if they didn't cooperate with her, they would end up like me and leave.

David gave her no face and sarcastically said, "What fate? Will you be hired as a vice president by Shin with a high salary?"

Lily turned green and couldn't even continue the meeting.
She left in a hurry.

She was too foolish.
Talented people like me were always in demand.

When the company was not yet developed in the first few years, many big companies poached me, offering me a starting salary of millions.

At that time, I turned down all invitations and devoted myself to James and XHA, enjoying a few thousand yuan salary without regrets.

But now, I don't have to worry about that anymore.
The day after I resigned, I called Shin's CEO:

"I heard you need people. Do you think I'm a good fit?"

Michael agreed immediately:
"I don't need anything else, just a vice president. If you come, you can take the position tomorrow."

"He didn't promise me the moon, yet he took me through the procedures the next day and introduced me to various departments.

"Betty is now the Vice President of Shin; her words are mine. All of you should report to her in the coming days and cooperate with her in the future," he said.

In the evening, Michael hosted a welcome party for me, and I raised my glass to toast him,
"Michael, I am honored to work with you all in Shin. I look forward to happy cooperation in the future."

Michael smiled and said carefreely,
"No, it is Shin's honor to have Betty here."

The new work environment was much better than I had imagined, and I finally had a spacious office.

Shin's people didn't trouble me because I was new to the city.
I still had some reputation in the industry for my work abilities, and they already knew about it.

Everything went unexpectedly smoothly until I received the first big project.

When I opened the documents, I was stunned.

This project was the same one I had previously done in XHA, the marketing collaboration with the listed company, Morning Star.
It was a large sum of money and significant for several companies in this city.
James didn't trust others and wanted me to oversee it personally.

It took me half a month to come up with a satisfactory proposal.

Considering how much James values Lily, James must give the project to her now.

Suddenly, a raging fire burned within me.
It was my first project since leaving XHA and my chance to turn things around.

This time, I will let them see what XHA is without me.