Part 13: Unexpected Tragedy

TOM RIDDLE'S POV

I stand within the confines of the circle, my gaze fixed upon Y/N with a mixture of anticipation and affection. A playful smile tugs at the corners of my lips as I beckon her forward. "Come on, my sweet," I say, my voice a velvety whisper. "Step into the circle."

Y/N lets out a sigh, her gaze meeting mine. "Are you sure you want me to be your horcrux?" she asks, her voice tinged with a hint of doubt.

I raise an eyebrow, a playful smirk tugging at the corners of my lips. "Are you questioning my decision after we've already talked about this countless times?" I retort, my tone teasing yet firm.

Y/N rolls her eyes, a small smile playing on her lips. "Well, you can't blame me for wanting to double-check. Creating a Horcrux isn't exactly a walk in the park, you know."

I chuckle softly, stepping closer to her. "True, but you've proven yourself time and again. Your loyalty and dedication are unmatched."

Y/N's gaze softens, and she takes a step forward, joining me in the circle. The atmosphere crackles with an otherworldly energy as the ancient spell inscribed on the floor comes to life. The lines begin to glow, pulsating with a deep crimson hue. The room seems to come alive as if it's holding its breath in anticipation.

We lock eyes, our voices blending as we recite the incantation, our intertwining words resonating through the room. Y/N's voice is steady and unwavering, a testament to her familiarity with the dark arts. She has memorized the spell, having assisted me in creating Horcruxes before.

As the ritual progresses, I can't help but steal glances at Y/N, my affection for her shining through. She's the most loyal person I've ever met, always by my side regardless of the dangers I've put her through. Despite everything, she remains steadfast, her unwavering support a source of strength for me.

"Are you sure you're not just using me for my spellcasting skills?" Y/N quips.

I chuckle, my gaze meeting hers. "Oh. You're just a means to an end," I reply sarcastically, unable to hide the fondness in my voice.

Y/N feigns offence, placing a hand over her heart dramatically. "Well, I never! Here I am, helping you achieve immortality, and this is the thanks I get."

I playfully roll my eyes, reaching out to touch her hand. "You know I couldn't do this without you, right? Your presence in my life has given it purpose and colour. You've shown me what it means to be... loved."

Y/N's expression softens, her eyes filled with warmth. "And you've shown me a side of you that few others see. Despite your flaws and the darkness within you, I see the vulnerable person you try so hard to hide."

I squeeze her hand gently, a tender smile gracing my lips. "I don't deserve you, Y/N. But I'm grateful every day that you chose to be by my side."

The ritual reaches its climax, the energy in the room reaching a crescendo. The lines on the floor seem to bleed, the room pulsating with otherworldly power. As the final words of the chant leave our lips, a surge of energy envelopes us, binding our fates together.

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

The bell above the door tinkles cheerfully as a group of customers enters our cosy bookstore. Y/N, adorned in a crisp apron, greets them warmly, ready to serve their favourite coffee concoctions and delicious pastries. The inviting aroma of freshly brewed coffee mingles with the scent of old books, creating a unique and comforting atmosphere.