🔪 escape?

Rody headed downstairs to the bar height tables, a towel draped over his head. Apparently Vince had already made breakfast and was half done with his own. He looked behind and actually had an intrusive thought to just make a run for the front door but thought otherwise cause Vince probably had the keys anyway

The breakfast was very simple, just some croissants and coffee. It was quite hard for Rody to eat since he kind of lost half his right arm and winced whenever he moved it.

"Erm, I don't do drugs, sorry." said Rody slightly apologetically, pushing away the coffee.

"Drugs??"

"Yeah, you know, cocaine..."

"It's caffeine, Rody..."

"Oh."

"Well, I'll be going now," said Vince. He finished his breakfast surprisingly quickly, "Go upstairs to my room after you're done. Don't think about doing anything else." He finished the sentence in a very threatening tone.

"Wait, who's going to be the new waiter?"

"Ah, just some random guy."

"You're not thinking of eating him too, are you?"

"What? Are you jealous?" Vince smiled mockingly. His gaze casted went right into Rody's eyes and Rody blinked.

"Uh...what?"

Vince had already turned around to the other side of the bistro, minding his own business. His smile had instantly been wiped off and he kind of strutted in a tempered manner. Actually, the entire time he was biting his tongue and cursing to himself. "Why did I say that... fuck, why did I say that... now Rody's gonna think... no, fucking hell why... oh my god... SNAP OUT OF IT VINCE" he was pretty annoyed being distracted from his work.

So later Rody returned to the room like a kid being grounded by his parents. It wasn't long before he heard the corridor door lock behind. There was really nothing to do while Vince was gone. Rody sighed and became depressed for 0.001 second before becoming bored so he started rummaging through the rooms. The only rooms he had access to were the bedroom (the window doesn't budge open) and the bathroom (nothing here unless he could find something to open the corridor door).

As he went into the bathroom Rody checked the bathtub and the cabinets. The cabinets were completely cleared. Then he suddenly remembered there could be a hair pin in the shower that could open the window or the corridor door. Indeed there was. "Never in my life did I think I would ever be so happy looking at a hair pin," he thought.

Nothing happened with the window, so he headed towards the corridor to try it. He stuck it in the keyhole and turned it right, but nothing happened. Maybe he didn't use enough force, which wasn't a surprise considering the condition of his arm. He turned it left and right again, and heard a click.

Unfortunately it didn't open the door. In fact, now the doorknob was completely unable to turn. He just jammed the door.

"That was unexpected... but honestly I don't really know what I expected..."

"Well I should definitely fix this before Vince comes back. Ah, I really wish I was at home right now. Even my extremely concerning apartment is better than this hell... okay I should focus on present problems first."

He sat down in front of the door with a discord thinking emoji expression

After sitting down for 20 minutes (i actually spent 20 minutes thinking about this) he decided to drop the idea and go look for something else. Oh, other than the two rooms, the corridor itself could have something useful as well. Although probably not, this isn't an escape room anyway, but Rody liked to think of it as that.

He went down to the end of the corridor where there was a painting and a vase. There was a silver key in the vase. Could it be the key to the kitchen??//1?!?!? HAHAHAHAHHAHA OBVIOUSLY NOT

Rody tried it on the corridor door and it didn't work. What could it be for then?? The front door? Both the bathroom and bedroom doors are unlocked already. The window? No, it doesn't work. Then what is it for? Rody had a feeling that it was probably a pretty important thing but there was nothing it could unlock.

Right then he knocked into a painting and it moved a little to the left. He moved it further and it uncovered a door. Rody opened it, but the creak of the door opening was so loud he had to immediately close it. So what was in the door? In fact, it did not lead outside, or anywhere useful. In fact it was actually just a small storage filled with lemons. Unfortunately Vince was already coming up the stairs to see what happened.

Rody was panicking. When Vince sees that the corridor door is locked he'd definitely not be happy. Where does he hide?? the bedroom?? no wait, there's cabinets in the bathroom, when he goes into the bedroom Rody can take the chance to run out. He goes into the cabinet and closes it. It's pitch dark.

There was evident frustration as Vince saw the doorknob didn't budge even when he used the key. Rody could feel the cabinet air getting mistier as Vince struggled with the door. Finally he tsked and kicked the door open. Fear and panic instantly kicked in, worse than Rody thought it would be. The shock of the night before. The growing pain in his arm continued to remind him of the consequences. No, be calm. It's a hit or miss.

Actually, it was a miss or miss, because Vince had already thought about it before. It's not easy to keep a human somewhere forever. They're too intelligent for their own good.

A pair of eyes shot into the cabinet through a small crack and met the widely opened ones inside.

"...explain yourself."

~~~~~~~~~~A/N~~~~~~~~~~

My search history now:

-old fashioned french bistro

-is there that high table thing in french bistros

-what is the high cafe table called with the high chairs

-old fashioned french breakfast

-what do french people eat

~~~~~~~~~~A/N~~~~~~~~~~

My notes for the next chapter (gore incoming!!!)