Chapter 7

hi guys! another chapter. this is my (evies) favourite no wonder it has 2240 words i just couldn't stop editing and adding more, izzy had to stop me lol, anyways this chapter is a memory since stella's mind was breaking incase you forgot. please let us know in the comments what you think!! happy reading mls xx

Falling

Falling

Falling down

Deeper into her consciousness, she didn't try to fight it, she just let it swallow her whole. Stella let her instinct take over as she sunk deeper into her own mind, there was no way out. She looked around and saw a little bit of light in the cold darkness that surrounded her. It drew her deeper, she followed it. And followed it. It led her to a little nook deep in the corner of her consciousness almost like a safe space and she wasn't ever going to leave.

Not that she knew the way back

she could hide herself there. Away from the screams and pain of the horror she witnessed.

* * *

She couldn't tell how long it had been, trapped in the dark dreamless oblivion, minutes? Maybe hours? But it was safer than the rest of her mind- the blanket that kept her hidden. The dark madness continued to buzz around in her mind though. Stella tried her best to shove the guilt away. She wanted to scream "it's not my fault!" but that would be a lie, and it crept up in ways she didn't know were possible, striking where she was the weakest. It was too strong, she couldn't control her emotions that were crashing, like the waves at the beach in Bellmore, so fast and so heavy. Especially the weight of guilt.

Bellmore. Her happy place

She used as much strength as she could to bury the guilt down and sugar coat it with happy memories. Stella pictured tranquil bay in her mind. She filled her mind with all her memories of the lovely beach. The blanket that she sat on felt like home with its soft fabric brushing against her legs as the waves crashed against the sand. Swimming in the glistening clear salt water of the ocean, watching the sunsets with her family every night on the beach.

Would she ever do that again?

Stella focused on one memory that had resurfaced and let the warmth and love comfort her. She watched the memory as if it were for the first time. Her parents stood hand in hand with the biggest smiles as they watched 3 year old Stella play in the waves. She was splashing and jumping up and down in the water.

"Be careful Stella!" Sophie called. "It's gonna get dark soon."

Stella and her family were at the beach at tranquil bay to watch the sunset. They came here as much as they could. It was a peaceful place for the Sencens to relax.

"I am mommy!" Stella called back, continuing to splash around in the waves. The water was about up to her waist, but she was three so she wasn't very far in. At that moment Sophie's clumsy genes kicked in and Stella fell sprawling in the shallow waves, swallowed by the water.

"Stella!" Sophie yelled, running over to her with Keefe not far behind her. Just as they reached her, tiny laughs rang around them as Stella emerged from the water.

"I'm okay mommy!" Stella laughed, but looked like she was trembling.

"Stella! What did I just tell you about being careful! You could have drowned!" Sophie reprimanded.

"Foster, will you relax, she was just playing around. She's alright." Keefe laughed as he scooped Stella up out of the freezing water and put her down on the sand.