𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙚𝙣

JAKE NODDED his head at the chief's statement about her daughter's training with the other warriors. Feeling proud and satisfied when others commenting about how great and brave his daughter is.

Along way down the beach, a certain girl was peacefully watching the sand under the water.

Kiri was in such awe of the beauty that she didn't hear voices above surface. Seeing shadows of them, Kiri stood up from the water and was met with Aonung and his friends

"What? What did you say?"

"He said, are you some king of a...freak?" One of the boys repeated with a smirk.

Kiri rolled her eyes and stood up to walk away. "No, I'm not."

Aonung scoffs with folded arms. "Really?"

Kiri ignored them and brushed past him until one of the boys held her wrist to exam her hand. "Look at this!" He laughed.

The others snorted and laughed as the boy continued to tease her.

"I mean, are you sure? You're not even a real Navi." Aonung commented with chuckle as his friends continued.

Lo'ak who was walking along to find McKenzie and Neteyme for more teachings. He glanced around the ocean for them and saw Kiri surrounded by the chief's son and his friends.

With sudden anger he marched towards them.

"Hey! Back off fishlips!" He snarled at Aonung who was holding Kiri's arm.

He snatched his sister away from their reach and pulled her behind him.

"Another freak." One of the boys commented with a grin. The other's glanced at each other as Aonung held his hands up with a smirk as Lo'ak glared at him.

"Another four-fingered freak." He laughs, one of the boys went to grab Lo'ak's tail but the forest boy pulled him away. With his back, the others started to tease him.

"Leave us alone!" Kiri yelled out but was ignored.

Neteyam and McKenzie just reached the shore, they were just finished hunting for tonight's dinner.

They heard Kiri's voice making their heads snap around to see Aonung and friends picking on their young siblings.

McKenzie felt her heart burn from seeing the Chief's son having fun with teasing her siblings and she did not like it.

Neteyam was immediately storming to them, leaving his older sister. He pushed the boys away and grabbed Lo'ak before pulling him behind him with a glare. "You heard what she said, leave them alone."

His voice threatened to kill, pulling Aonung back with a finger. The boys all laughed and smirked.

"Ah big brother come to—" Aonung sticks his arm up, cutting his friend off.

Feeling guilty once he saw McKenzie walking towards them with a stern face.

The others were now quiet when the oldest showed up, backing a bit away from siblings.

"Back off.. now," McKenzie says sternly. Deadly glaring at the other boys and mostly the tallest in front of her.

"From now on, you respect my sister." She points at Kiri.

"Neteyam."

"And Lo'ak." She pointed out to her younger brother who had smirk on his face, liking to see the defeated boys.

One of boys hissed out but was silent when Anoung held his hand up, shutting him up.

"Smart choice."

With a final glare, she turned away and began to walk towards her siblings.

"Let's go."

Turning her back on them, she heard them laughing and chuckling. "Bye bye~"

Lo'ak who was fed up with the teasing, turned back away which Neteyam took notice. "Lo'ak. No."

"It's okay bro, I got this."

He took step closer to Anoung and his friends, raising his hand up to show them.

McKenzie and Kiri watched with a sigh as Neteyam stood on the side to see what'll happen next.

"I know this hand is funny, look I'm a freak." He wiggled his pinky as Anoung stared at it being interested with the others.

"But I can do something really cool, look." Anoung smirked down at him and watches as Lo'ak formed his hand in a fist.

McKenzie knew what he is doing and let out a tired groan.

"I just gotta hold it tight like this, okay. And I'm gonna do this—" Lo'ak threw a punch at Anoung's face and another shot before the prince fell down with a shocked expression. The others immediately helped him up and all hell breaks loose.

——

"What was the one thing I asked? The one thing." Jake looked at them, his tail flicking in agitation. His three children hung their head low in shame.

"Stay out of trouble." Loak and Neteyam muttered, McKenzie was not able to say anything as Jake shakes his head.

"Stay out of trouble." Jake repeated.
"And you disobeyed me, again!"

"They were picking on Kiri." McKenzie said, defending Lo'ak. "It was my fault. I should've stopped him."

"Of course it is! You were supposed to watch over them!" Jake spat out in anger.  His eyes glaring down to his daughter. McKenzie's ears flinched as she stepped back.

Lo'ak and Neteyam noticed her movements and how fear flashed across her eyes. They unknowingly glared at Jake. Tails flicking in alert.

"I'm not a babysitter." McKenzie spoke up. Her voice challenging him. Pushing Jake's anger toward the edge.

"You're a disgrace to this family." Jake said, not knowing how much his word affected his little girl.

"Dad!"

McKenzie felt her world coming crashing down at her father's words. Feeling tears forming her eyes, her head fell down to cover the tears before she walked out of the pod.

"McKenzie! Get back here!" Jake called out. The girl left his sight, not looking back.

Jake sighs in disbelief and exhaustion, turning to look at his sons. "Go apologize." He looked straight at Lo'ak.

"What?" Lo'ak asked in disbelief, he knew he did right by his sister so why did he have to apologize.

"Hes the chief's son, do you understand?" Jake looked out the Mauri then back at his son "I dont care how you do it, just go make peace."

Lo'ak left with a huff, annoyance radiating off him.

Jake looked at Neteyam with tired eyes.

"You should really watch what you say to my sister." Neteyam told him. Turning to leave but stopped when Jake spoke.

"What did you say, boy?"

Neteyam looked back at him with disappointment. "She's your daughter. Not a soldier." With that he left to go find his sister. Leaving a confuse Jake.

——