Chapter Eleven

To: juliethegreat14@mail.com

From: amy_monroe@mail.com

Subject: Re: Boys...

Dear Juliet,

Don't read into it? Who's bad in bed? I hope you haven't been sleeping with Dylan again or Kyle. But then again, it would be really funny if either of them sucked in bed.

Your Slightly Worried Cousin,

Amy

Tuesday was pretty boring. I did some reading for class and went to a meeting at the house. I was surprised to get a text from Dylan right before heading back to my dorm. Stop by my house tonight?

I texted him back. No easy feat while walking. You're back?

Yeah. When can you come over?

I'm just leaving the house.

See you in a minute.

"Dylan wants me to stop by. I'll see you girls later."

"Ohhh, don't do anything we wouldn't do." Mallory laughed.

"I guess you'd do almost anything." I grinned.

"Night, Juliet."

I headed to the Phi Omega house. A few guys were hanging out on the porch when I got there, so I went ahead and walked in.

Dylan was talking to some guys around the pool table. I hesitated for a moment before walking over, suddenly nervous. Before I could make myself move toward him, Dylan looked up and saw me. I expected him to smile, but his expression was stony.

"Let's go upstairs." He grabbed my hand and towed me behind him.

"Hey. Easy there. Your hand is digging into my wrist."

"Sorry." He loosened his hold but didn't let go until we were in his room with the door closed.

"How's your dad?" I asked.

"Fine. This isn't his first scare."

"Oh. That's good. I mean that he's okay."

"Is there anything you want to tell me?" Dylan glared at me.

"What do you mean?" I crossed my arms nervously over my chest. His gaze was intimidating.

"Do anything fun this weekend?"

"I don't know... it was okay."

"Stop playing dumb, Juliet. What the hell was that about?"

"What?"

"You thought I wouldn't find out that you went on the float with my brothers?"

"Oh. You care?" I knew he wouldn't be thrilled, but he was fuming.

He laughed dryly. "Do I care? Hmm, let's try this a different way. How would you feel if you left town to see your dad who was in the hospital and found out I spent the weekend with your sisters while practically naked."

"Oh. I didn't think about it that way. Kyle invited me, and I didn't realize it was a frat thing. Once I did, it was too late."

His expression darkened further. "You were okay going alone with Kyle?"

"No. My roommate was with me."

"That makes it better? How do you think it felt to come back and hear every fucking guy in this house talking about your rack?"