Chapter 15

EDITED

(Avalon's POV)

As the door slowly creaks open to the Queen's chambers, we are not sure what to do. 

"Enter." Queen Arabella says slowly. 

My grandmother enters first, me following close behind. She is my shield at the moment. Once I am completely inside, the door slams shut behind me.

"What is this about, Stacy?" She asks harshly. 

My grandmother is clearly nervous. 

"Well...after you left, Avalon swam off, after freezing me. She later sent me a telepathic message-" 

The Queen interrupts. 

"Telepathic message? That power is not commonly found in 16 year old girls. I doubt she has it." She scoffs. 

"As I was saying, she sent me a telepathic message saying she was captured...by the creatures of The Dark. I went to rescue her, only to find she was no longer in their captivity. She claims to have beaten their leader in the battle of The Prophecy..."

Queen Arabella now has a cold look in her eyes. A colder look than the one she previously had on her face. 

"That cannot be. You see, my daughter, Amber, is The Chosen One. We have known since she was a baby. She has the strongest of powers." She states.

"It is true, your majesty. I have defeated the leader of The Dark." She is now smirking at me deviously. 

"We shall see. Next week, is my daughter's 20th birthday. Her coronation is taking place on her birthday. After she is crowned, you two will battle. Whoever wins is declared The Chosen One. And if you turn out to be correct, and you are the so-called leader of the creatures of The Dark, and you win, you will then rule the ocean. Do we have a deal?"

I stare in disbelief. She has got to be out of her mind. She must really have faith in her daughter, Amber. And why would she assume I want to rule the ocean? 

She then summons her daughter and makes her introduce herself. The girl who enters doesn't look evil. She looks nice.

"Hello. My name is Amber." She says in a cheerful voice, holding her hand out. 

"Avalon." I say, wondering if she is trustworthy. 

"How about Avalon stays here, with Amber until the match?" Queen Arabella suggests. 

"Battle? What battle?" Amber asks, confused. 

"Avalon here claims that she is the leader of the creatures of The Dark. To see who is the Chosen One, we are going to have you two battle after your coronation. If she is lying, she will be defeated. If she is speaking the truth and has already defeated the leader of The Dark, she will be named as The Chosen One and will be the supreme leader of the ocean. If you win, you will go on to defeat the true leader of The Dark, and become The Chosen One." Her mother explains.

"I guess it could be a good idea to have her stay here?" Amber gives in, and states just barely audible. 

"Then it is settled. Stacy will leave and tell her daughter of the plans, and you will show Avalon to her room." 

My grandmother gets up to leave, and Amber takes me to my 'room'. I do not see the point in a mermaid having a room when they do not need privacy, and they sleep on rocks. But whatever you say, your majesty.

"This one here will be yours. Mine is down the hall, up the staircase, down the right corridor, third door on the left." Something hits me. 

"Who all lives here, I mean besides your staff?"