Chapter 41

Marine pov.

When dad and the other countries left for something Uncle Xavier wanted to show them, he told us to stay on the beach with the crew and that is was a beach day, the Islanders didn't think twice. They ran for the water surfboards in hand, Florida made a trench and most everyone had a orbbez gun of sorts, NASA had told the crew to not interfere no matter what happened on the beach in front of them, they silently agreed and watched the oncoming war zone come into fruition. Air Force, Coast, Navy, Army and I made a protective barrier for the crew with some tables and parasols they had brought with them.

"This should provide you enough cover, Nat, Artemis, are you both refing this one?" I asked, ready to fire the starting shot.

"Not this time Maverick, we're joining in on the fun, Alara fall back with the crew, you too Odessa." She instructed quickly, no one questioned her authority, NASA was quick to hit the trench as soon as the order was given, he signaled for me and Army to join his side while NATO took the other side with Navy. There was 27 of us on each side, everyone was grinning happily, we waited for the signal and once it was given it looked like an actual war zone, everyone being cautious and firing carefully at the other side, everyone had protective eye wear, getting hit hurt a bit but we powered through having fun and laughing as we went.

"Is this normal?" One of the crew members asked our siblings.

"Yes!" We collectively responded. We did this for a about an hour or so before Nat called us off and the Islanders ashore so we could eat something before dad gets back. We helped the crew set up lunch and heat up what needed to be heated up with the old pizza box oven trick as we had plenty of sunlight. After we ate and packed everything up, dad and the other countries started coming back to where we were and joined us as we started boarding the small tether back to the yacht. Dad started talking to the crew members that were with us on the beach and asked how we were. The crew gushed about how helpful we were in helping set up lunch and heating up the food if needed. I looked at Artemis and saw that he was contemplating something.

"Brother you ok?" I asked him, slightly worried.

"Huh? Oh yea, I'm fine Maverick, just thinking, I'm probably not going to be in our cabin tonight, it's a perfect day for star gazing, I'll be on the top deck after dinner." He told me, I nodded and sat next to him, Jack sitting on NASA's right. We hugged him tightly reassuring him that we're going to be ok, and that we are here for him like he was there for us.

"We're here for you brother, don't forget that." Jack told him, leaning on his shoulder watching the boat come into view. The rest of the trip was uneventful, we talked and had fun dad and Russia got closer and Kazakhstan, Chile and South Korea have been sworn to secrecy about our existence, even though UN knows about our siblings the knowledge of the states and territories existence will be withheld from the other countries until dad gives the say so.

~time skip/last day of charter~

NATO pov.

Once everyone was packed and breakfast was eaten, we met in the main salon and waited for everyone to gather there.

"Is everyone here?" Dad asked, looking over the room.

"Yes, everyone is here and accounted for." I responded quickly.

"Alright thanks Natalie, Xavier come with me quickly, everyone else stay here we will return shortly." Dad told us, Uncle Aussie walked over to him and they left the room for a few moments before coming back and ushered us out to say goodbye to the crew. Dad had the states hug the crew simultaneously and then it was our turn Dad and I stayed a bit longer to give the crew their tip. "This is for you." Dad told them, holding out the tip envelope. The crew went back into the yacht, the captain stayed behind to ask how much was in the envelope, and Dad told them it was a surprise, leading me away and toward everyone else.

"How much did you give them dad?" I asked him.

"$50,000, roughly 75,362 in Aussie's currency, that makes it roughly 8,374 in Aussie's currency per person." He told me, I looked at him gobsmacked.

"Is that why you called Uncle Aussie aside before we left?" I asked, finally rapping my head around the number. He nodded and continued walking to the others.

"Is everyone ready to head back home?" He asked everyone, they nodded and the cabs took us to the airport. Once we arrived we waited for the port to announce our departure back to our homes.

"I've taken the initiative to call UN, he should be there upon our arrival to pick up those who do not live with us, and the few that are being moved to other households." I told everyone, they nodded and sat down as we waited. After a few minutes of waiting, our flight was called and we boarded the plane.

~time skip/ after the flight~

Russia pov.

After we got off the plane, UN held a sign calling us over. We went over to him, Meri was a bit jumpy now, every noise seeming to scare him. I discreetly nodded to his siblings and led him away to our car to wait for the others.

"Meirc are you alright?" I asked him gently, making sure my movements were cautious and gentle.

"I'm not sure Russ, I don't know how to feel about this situation, the military can handle themselves, so can NASA, CDC is going with WHO to complete their internship with him." Meric explained, I pulled him into a hug, allowing him to cry on my shoulder as the others got to the car.

"I'll drive, Confed wanna be my co-pilot?" Mexico asked Dixie.

"Sure Mex." Dixie replied, climbing into the passenger seat, he quickly took notice of America in my arms and decided to question me later, I quickly looked around the car and noticed that Ame's military branches, CDC, and NASA were not with us. I hugged Ame tighter as he cried, the kids noticed this and tried not to cry as well. It was evident that the kids had never been apart for very long, and the fact that they are going to be apart for a year and 11 months.

"It's going to be ok, they said they'd call everyday until UN lifts the experiment." DC told her siblings, they gathered around NATO and DC, while Texas and Alaska came over to me and Ame. It didn't take long for us to reach Ame's house, I picked him up, as Texas and Alaska grabbed my free hand, we got out of the car and I ushered the kids into the house.

"Kids, it's a day like this, I'll run and get some food, just hang out in the livin' room, I'll be back in a bit. Union and Russia come with me you both need some fresh air." Dixie told us, I nodded still holding Ame in my arms. I followed him out to the truck and sat Meri down in the back seat. Once he was buckled in I climbed into the passenger side seat.