Chapter 2

"For the moon!" Changbin is the first to react by placing his tail in front of Jeongin's face while the others look at each other in questioning.
Minho's hairs spike up and Jisung has to jump to look over him to see what all the commotion is about. When he ducks under the Luna he startles when he comes face to face with a crouched person who's hurdling around itself. When he looks up he sees two long legs followed up by two angry eyes looking down at him. One arm in front of its chest and the other in front of their private parts.
"Could you quit staring?" an agitated voice reaches him.
Jisung feels how his ears flare up when he gets conscious he's staring right up to the female's private parts.
"O-oh!" he exclaims before crawling back behind his pack Luna. "I-I'm sorry."
They're female. Both of them. The others seem slightly uncomfortable, haven't seen any female wolves for over five years now. Most of them grew up with them - heck, they wouldn't exist if not for women giving birth- but almost all of them only have been around mothers or aunts and never around females of their own age.
Only Felix and Changbin don't seem that thrown off as they both had sisters in their birth packs, Jisung knows. Even Chan seems flustered although he had a sister pup when growing up. But pups and full grown wolves are a very different story.
"Euhm. Oh- Yeah- L-let me give you s-some-," His stuttering isn't helping when he looks around him to see if he can find their satchels or baskets. Only one basket seems to have survived the fight, dangling off the side of Seungmin but fairly smushed from the fallings the dark brown wolf has endured. Jisung fumbles with the basket to get out the satchel with Seungmin's clothes and scurries over to the two females to hand them a shirt and trousers. The standing one hands the shirt to the crouched down one who quickly pulls it over her head. The shirt is slightly big on her petite form and covers her private parts as the hem reaches an inch over her thighs.
The other steps into the pants and crosses her arms in front of her chest when she fastens the pants.
They all stare at each other a little too long in an awkward silence before their leader huffs to Minho to stand in front of him. The pack Luna doesn't want to but complys when Chan transforms as well and uses his mate as a wall between them to protect them from seeing his private parts.
"Tell me why hyung needs a private part protector?" Seungmin snickers, but with one glare of Minho he falls silent.
"Tell us why you're here," Chan demands. His voice is not angry, but clear dominance projecting into it.
The female in front glances down to the other female and lowers her head towards Chan, showing no hostility. "We didn't mean to trespass into your territory," she starts off. "We were traveling up west when we stumbled upon a small cave where we wanted to take shelter." The female beside her starts shaking and she unconsciously shifts her leg a little to lean against the side of the crouching one to calm her down.
"My sister thought it was abandoned when we couldn't smell anything dangerous. But apparently we were either wrong or that monster decided he wanted the cave as well. It chased us all the way up to your territory where we thought we lost it for a few days. But we stumbled upon it when it was feasting on the honeycombs we found the day before near that orchard of yours."
Jisung sees how Chan waits for them to finish the story and how the others are warrily listening to what's been said.
Jisung can't help but get distracted by the looks of the two. He has never seen female wolves in his entire life. Born as a young pup and casted away not even two weeks after his birth, he was picked up by none other than Minho who took it upon himself to care for him. Jisung knows about the different anatomy as the others gave him enough education about the biology of wolves, but to see it for himself?
They look so much softer and rounder than he does. Their jawlines aren't as defined and although the standing one has some impressive lean muscles, her body still seems petite. More shaped like an hourglass with a waist similar to his own, but missing the broad shoulders.
And of course the prominent chest features. Jisung can't help but look with a bit of jealousy at it. The undeniable proof they're capable of caring for pups. His gaze drifts off to the lower abdomen of the standing female and he feels how his heart is tugging longingly on him. There's such a small possibility.
But that possibility dies quickly when a sour waft reaches his nostrils. He shakes his head to get out of his thoughts and stares at the crouched female who stares at him and softly growls, like telling him to back off.
The others seem to pick up on it as well and Jisung quickly lowers his gaze from the two.
"Sorry for my sister. She's quite... protective," the standing female says, trying to jerk her gaze from her sister back to the pack leader who watches the reactions of both to his pack member.
"My scent isn't that prominent, so I have trouble backing off unwanted attention when it comes to protecting her."
Her eyes meet Jisung's for only a slight moment and he hears how Minho growls softly for the almost unnoticeable jab at him.
"Can you tell us your subgender?" Chan asks, softly patting Minho's back to calm him down.
The female shares a glance with her sister before answering. "I presented as an alpha. Late bloomer," she answers.
Chan nods and asks for the female next to her.
"She's an omega," Jisung points out and immediately shuts his mouth when he sees how his pack members look at him.
"The hiding should be a give away," Changbin snickers. "She's tiny."
"Could've mistaken her for a pup," Hyunjin follows up. "But now you mention, her scent is undeniably an omega."
"Silence," Chan nags, rubbing his temples.
"Is that a pack bond?" the crouched female softly asks her sister, finally brave enough to look up to the people before her.
The other nods and holds one hand out for the smaller one to grasp while still covering her chest with her other arm.
"May I assume you're a pack and no stray wolves?" Her question is a daring one, Jisung thinks. Still, he admires the bluntness of her question.
Chan nods once while glancing over his pack members from the corner of his eyes.
"Then, we will excuse ourselves and back off out of your pack's territory. Like I said, it was never our intention to breach it, but we were kinda trapped. I'd like to ask for your forgiveness and humbly want to thank you for protecting both my sister and I."
Both lowered their heads again and all Chan does is offer a small smile.
"We'll leave the clothes here," she says and turns around to loosen the trousers, making the others look away in haste.
In a few seconds both are back in their wolf shape and lower their heads again before retreating back to the forest. The smaller one glances over her shoulder a last time before they disappear between the treelines.