All The Little Things, Part Three

(Final part!)

A Life Worth Living ~ Malini

Malini flipped her hair as she entered the jail, satisfaction taking over her body.

Ahmaar Acharya, who'd been in jail for around six years now, for bribery, foul play in the court, and marital rape.

The last one being filed by Malini, of course. His girlfriend had suddenly run away after he was taken to jail, and she had hid herself very well until two days ago, where she was met in a car accident.

Not that Malini cared.

She'd been a regular visitor to the jail, where she regularly visited her ex-husband and gave him updates on the life he had lost.

"If it isn't Malini Acharya. Come to grace me with your presence, have you?"

She could hear the sneer in his voice before she even looked at him.

She just smiled.

"My son got married a month ago, darling. I thought it was time I told you that he married his girlfriend of six years. Beautiful, isn't it?"

"He'll leave her in a couple months, just you see. It's like father, like son."

"Except he's not your son, I made it very clear time and time again. Aiden is my son, my pride. You're just a sperm donor. Anyways, where was I? Yes, Aiden and Aru got married. It was about time, really! I gave him my ring, you know. The one my mom had given you. Tch."

Ahmaar snarled.

"Oh, calm down, you donkey. I'm not done yet. Sweet little Rudy proposed to his girlfriend on Cape Hill. Such a romantic gentleman. You missed out on the most beautiful life, you know?"

"I don't care about your shitty life, Malini."

She ignored him. "Brynne opened a bakery with her girlfriend too. She makes the best pastries I've ever eaten. I'm glad she's happy, especially with what her parents had put her through. So no, Ahmaar, my life is not shitty at all. It's the best life I've ever lived and the best life I've ever seen, seeing how you're in a jail cell and your girlfriend is in the hospital. I'm concerned for her, really. They're saying she might not survive. I guess it's karma, she did murder one of your colleague's wives so that you could bribe, no, force them to be on your side."

She clicked her tongue. "Lust takes you places."

"Is she okay?"

"Oh, don't pretend you're concerned. I can see right through you. And again, I'm still waiting for my-"

"For your fortune that I stole, I get it."

"-fortune that you stole from me, and my mom, too. You stooped so low, Ahmaar, it's pitiful."

She got up from her chair, turning away, before coming back. "I almost forgot. No thanks to you, but I finally got back to my career. I'm going to be starring in a movie soon, so keep your eyes on the jail screen, love. Maybe you'll finally grasp on to the concept that you've lost a life that was worth living."

And Malini walked out of the building, feeling like she could breathe, like she could do anything.

She was living her own life, on her own terms, and that made her life worth living.

I Love You ~ Krithana

Suyodhana burst into his house, panting hard because he'd just run the distance from the bus stop to the museum.

He didn't want to be as late as he was, and he definitely wasn't scared of Krithika's wrath.

Who was he kidding?

When he saw his wife on the sofa with a book in her lap, he was definitely scared.

She looked up at him, and he thought of how he could never look away. If he had to die, he'd rather die looking at her than any other way.

"You're late."

"I know."

"Very late."

"Sorry miss."

"It's our anniversary."

That was when he grinned. "And I came here to give you my gift."

Her curiosity won over her annoyance. "Is it more time again?"

"No."

He walked closer and closer, opening his briefcase and bringing out the paper songbird he had folded. "This time, I want to meet you all over again."

She laughed, the one where she threw her head back and her whole body racked with the force she laughed. "Do you, now?"

"I'm Suyodhana Shah, and I've been in love with you for a long time now."

She gave in. "Do you even know my name, Suyodhana?" Krithika asked, taking the songbird.

"Why, you're Krithika, aren't you?"

"So you do know my name."

"Well? What do you say to my confession?"

She acted like she was debating on it. "We'll have to see. Pineapple on pizza?"

He acted offended. "Definitely not."

"Taco bell or McDonalds?"

"Taco bell for sure."

She pouted. "That's a shame, Suyodhana, McDonalds was the only right answer."

He put a hand to his chest, sitting beside her. "Does that mean you're rejecting me?"

"Tch, that's a hard decision. You're cute, you seem sweet too, and you made me this paper songbird. I'll need to think about it."

He leaned forward and kissed her. "Done thinking?"

She put her hands on his shoulders, placing the paper bird beside her. "I've reached a decision. I quite like you." She kissed him. "And you are the one I want to spend my life with."

"Is that what you say to everyone you meet?"

"No." Her voice dropped, and it was so close to a breath. "Only to you, love."

"I love you."

"Do you say that to everyone you meet?" She asked, her voice not changing.

His reply was as breathy as hers. "No. Just you."

"Then we're in agreement."

They met in the middle, hot kisses and whispered words of love between them, all hushed like it was their own secret.

Love grew old with them, and it wouldn't ever die.

That they knew with certainty.