20 | Into the Woods

"I'm hooked on a feeling. I'm high on believing that you're in love with me."

~ Blue Swede, Hooked on a Feeling

Please don't forget to comment, follow, and vote!

For the next two days, Cillian and Sophie had to spend their time indoors due to snow, but it didn't bother them much. Sophie spent that time catching him up on some classic Christmas movies such as the Santa Claus series, Elf, Grinch, and many more.

Sophie also used that time to do a lot of thinking. She really liked Cillian. She knew he really liked her. While she was still unsure and fearful of the future, she decided to take things one day at a time- at least for the next few weeks. The closer they got to April, the more they could plan for a way out. Right now, she just wanted to enjoy Cillian. Didn't they both deserve that at least?

On the last day of their honeymoon, the snow cleared just enough to partake in one more activity: ice skating.

"Make sure your laces are nice and tight. My mom taught me it's best to get them as tight as you can, but I can never seem to get them tight enough myself." She chuckled, fumbling with her laces. "If I don't, my ankles give out on me."

Immediately Cillian paused tying his own laces and knelt in front of Sophie. He grabbed her foot, put it safely between his thighs so the blade wouldn't get him, and simply told her, "tell me if they're too tight."

An endearing smile stretched across her lips as she watched him, tying them just tight enough to her liking. This was exactly who Cillian was, going the extra mile for someone- without ever being asked. She never asked him to do this and she wasn't even hinting for his help when she said mentioned it. She merely told him for the sake of conversation and so he would tie his own tight enough.

Yet here he was, on his knees, helping her with her skates.

There was no ulterior motive to his actions. She believed even if they weren't mates, with no mate pull, and no mark- he would do the same thing. At the end of the day, he was far stronger than her. He could easily overpower her if he wanted. He knew all about mate pulls and could manipulate it if he wanted. He could get away with whatever he wanted from her, but he didn't. He wouldn't. He was too good of a person for that.

He's grown so much in the past couple months. When they first met, he reminded her of autumn in a sense. He's beautiful, but cold. Not cold necessarily to her, but to those or things he wasn't familiar with yet. Autumn is beautiful, but people seem to forget that in this season, everything is dying. It's rather morbid when you think of it- everything is the most beautiful right before it dies. He was beautiful on the outside, but dead emotionally. No emotion, no feeling, nothing.