A dark night

Jack's POV

My heart sank.. Elsa is coming back. Those words repeated themselves in my head until I couldn't take it any more. I ran out of the building and ran into the woods where we- I have the tree. About a week after Elsa left me, I scratched her name out of the tree. No more love for her I would think. Fr 3 years I have tried to forget about her, but she is always crawling in the back of my mind.

I stared up at the tree and leaned against it. I sighed remembering one of the last times we spent together.

She was climbing the tree, but she slipped. I caught her thankfully, but over these years, I have been wondering if I should've let her fall. At least then I'd know she'd be gone. At least I wouldn't have to wake up every morning hoping she was lying.

That there was another reason. That she never wanted to hurt me.

But I feel the pain every day. I feel the heart ache. I feel the pain in my head and my heart and my chest reminding me that whether she wanted to or not, she hurt me beyond repair.

I stayed there for a few hours but soon growled angrily and punched the tree letting my hand bleed, it will help get rid of the pain that I feel every single day. I sighed and walked back home. Half way there I saw a blue cloaked figure walking the way I had just come from.

I frowned as the figure walked into the forest, so I followed the person.

They stopped at the tree I was just at a moments ago and placed their palm on my and Elsa's name. No one was allowed here! I may not care for Elsa, but this is my special place, only me and her know the route here.

I grew angry that someone would intrude my secret place so I shoved the stranger against the wall by the neck.

"Who are you?!" I said with malice and anger in my voice. The stranger stayed silent so I tried to lift up thru hood but the hand caught my own not wanting to be revealed. I used as much strength as I could but could only catch a glimpse of long blondish hair, because the girl stopped me taking a proper look by kissing me.

I was so distracted that the girl was able to run off into the dark. I touched my lips wanted to spit the taste of the girl.so lips out of my mouth, but something about it felt, familiar.