step brother, I hate you

“Put it down, now! “

“No”

“That is not a toy, Ashley, I’m warning you one last time give it back or else”

I turned giving him a daring look, this would only end in trouble but seeing him this mad was entertaining me. Usually he was the one making me upset, teasing me, making me scream and yell at him. But today, today was the day of revenge, today was the day that this bastard got a taste of his own medicine.

“Or else what?” I dare answer back at him. I was pushing it now. Just by looking at him I knew he was going to at charge at me with that look of anger.

“Do you really want to know?”

“Do you really want this back?” I retorted, watching as his green eyes darkened and his hands balled into fists. I was going to get belted.

“ one last chance or I’m going to break my words when I say I don’t hit women”, he growled at me sounding like a wolf, if I wasn’t in this situation right now I would of laughed but right now that seemed really scary.

“Five… four… three” my body couldn’t move, my mouth froze and my body seemed to be paralysed, for the love of gummy bears, dear lord save me.

“Two….

One….”

My eyes spreading wide as he reached the last number I desperately started running, pulling my body out its frozen state and bolting out of the living room and up the stairs leading to my bedroom.

“ I swear you’re so dead!” he growled chasing after me as we ran up the stupid steps that went on forever, you know those stairs you see in the rich houses where there’s two stair cases that lead upstairs however the curve in a circle, yeah those completely pointless staircases, I freaking hate them right now.

My heart beat sped as he was nearly able to reach out and grab me, he was catching up. My foot caught on one of the steps and I went flying face first into a step. I shut my eyes tight preparing for impact on my beautiful face and then the beating from my monster of a step brother.

Suddenly I was yanked back and my back smacked into something like a warm soft brick wall. Yeah how cliché, it’s like those moments in those stories where that character acts all surprised and says a whole bunch of crap instead of just saying they smacked into a pair of beautiful abs, like seriously there is no such thing as a soft warm brick wall. I stood stiff my back squashed up against my stupid step brother.

“You gonna let go? This is getting creepy”

“I just saved your face from getting smacked into the stairs” he sounded nothing more than bored and emotionless, his usual self, careless bastard.

“So? You want me to say thank you?” I folded my arms over my chest getting seriously irritated with the fact I actually felt comfortable with this idiots arm wrapped around my waist and my back feeling the warmth of his hard torso.