Anywhere You Want

"Mom! Forever!" Bad walked down the halls with Jauna.

"Sir, what's that?" Jauna finally pointed to Skeppy curiously. "It looks weird..."

"This is my Skeppy, want to hold him?"

"Okay?" Jauna took Skeppy into her arms and stared at him. "oh, is this the thing that you tried to use to help me?"

"He's not a thing, but yes."

Jauna smiled and pet Skeppy on the head. "Él es muy lindo." {He's very cute.}

Bad smiled, happy to see Jauna smiling. "Yes, very lindo...Forever and Mom could be anywhere in the castle. Why don't you tell me about yourself while we look?"

"Hm...like what?"

"Well where did you come from?"

"The town, your town." Jauna shrugged. "Originally, I do not know...My papa adopted me from the orphanage. So I guess I could've been born anywhere, but I lived with my papa in the town."

"Oh okay..." Bad wanted to ask about the code, but saved it for another time. "Do you and your dad get along?"

"Yeah, we do. He says I'm very brave and a little fucked up in the head. And he likes that."

"Oh my gosh...he told you that?"

"Mhm!"

"Bad!" Forever ran into Bad's arms again, Mom flying behind. "Is everyone okay on the other side?"

"Things are alright, everyone's just a bit scared...Mouse isn't around..."

"You never find her?" Forever frowned.

"It sounds a bit cruel but she's better on her own. We get along but, she's more into the demon lifestyle than I am...she probably went to hell to figure out what's going on."

"Oh...she is on Eggpire side?"

"What? N-no...But Eggpire is our mother and Mouse probably has questions for Satan..." Bad looked at Mom. "Is Satan ensuring mother stays?"

"Yes, me and Satan discussed it. Your mother must be limited to the underworld for the next millennia."

Bad didn't know how he should feel so he just nodded. "Mom, this is Jauna " he gestured to the wide-eyed girl holding Skeppy. "I found her in the celler...it's a long story what happened..."

"I know what happened." Mom said after looking at Jauna's soul. "My poor child, I'm sorry it ended that way."

"Nobody came to guide her through heaven. She's confused. She's been waiting in her celler for her dad."

"Ah..." Mom studied Jauna, gathering more. "I'm afraid your dad is..." Mom looked at Bad. "We'll talk about it soon. Bad, why don't you test out being an angel? Show Jauna her new home."

"What– I don't know anything about heaven. I can't teach her anything."

"You have instincts, and simply doing is the best way to learn." Mom ran a soft hand through Jauna's tangled hair, bringing it back to it's full curly potential. "And practically anything is possible here if it makes you happy."

Jauna combed her fingers through her silky hair. "Do I look better?"

"You look very nice." Forever nodded.

"I'll keep an eye on your mortal friends." Mom disappeared, leaving Bad very confused.

Forever put his hands on his hips. "Bad, I think we have a kid now."

Bad rolled his eyes. "She's not ours, Forever. She's just waiting around for her dad..."

"Right, she's ours for just now." Forever took Bad's hand. "I know some stuffs."

"Like what?"

"If I focus on a place, I can go there...like, in heaven. Heaven's version."

"Oh, make sense." Bad nodded. "Anyone can do that in heaven?"

"Yes. If I hold your hand, I can take you with me..."

Bad looked down at their hands and pulled away slowly. "We can go anywhere you want after we help Jauna, okay?"

"Ah, okay..." Forever frowned.

Bad pulled him in and nuzzled into him sweetly. It was a better option than kissing with Juana right there. "Don't be sad, fofo. You have all the time in the universe to go anywhere you want. Don't rush your eternal paradise."

Forever smiled again and squeezed Bad tight. "Am so happy I can still feel you."

"Me too." Bad pulled away and looked at Jauna. She seemed quite amazed. "You okay, Jauna?"

"Woah! Angels can be gay?"

"Uh, yeah..." Bad laughed awkwardly. "I know there's a lot of debate with humans, but it's okay."

"Can angels be transgender?"

"Uhm, I guess. But angels as well as demons can change exactly how their physical form is so...I guess they wouldn't necessarily be trans? Because they can just poof and be whatever sex they want?"

Forever snickered. "Oh my, you said sex."

Bad groaned. "Be mature, Forever."

Jauna bounced subtly on her feet. "That's pretty cool! I wish I could be an angel so I could change how my body is perceived."

"Well... apparently anything is possible." Bad shrugged. "we'll just have to figure it out. How about as a first step, you take us somewhere else? Just focus on somewhere you would like to be, and hold our hands."

Jauna held their hands and focused on where she wanted to be. But nothing happened. "It doesn't work..."

"Focus harder, close your eyes."

Jauna closed her eyes and put all her creative thinking into where she wanted to be. When she opened her eyes she was still in the castle. "It doesn't work..."

"Where are you trying to go?" Forever wondered.

"Wherever my dad is."

"Maybe it not work if you don't know where he is?" Forever shrugged and looked at Bad.

"How about you take us to your house?"

"House?"

"Yes, where you lived before you got sick and came to my castle."

"Okay." Jauna closed her eyes and tried again. When she opened her eyes, they were on the town's streets. "It worked!"

Bad patted her shoulder. "Good job! where's your house?"

Jauna walked down the street and gestured around. "Me and Papa picked a new spot to sleep every night."

"Oh..." Bad frowned. "I guess I should've expected that..."

Forever put a hand on Jauna's shoulder while they walked. "Is okay, I never had a house either."

Bad looked around at the heavenly version of his town. There weren't many souls around. Surely plenty of people died here over the decades, but few chose to stay there. "Where would you like to go now, Jauna? Let's just explore so we can get used to how things look here."

"Eh... Let's just walk..."

Bad nodded and kept walking. He still had a hold on Forever's hand.

"This is crazy..." Forever rubbed his thumb along Bad's hand. "I don't even remember the pain when I die..."

"That's good." Bad leaned into him. "I'm sorry that I didn't say anything...If I didn't get to see you again, I'd be sad that I never said I love you."

Forever kissed the top of Bad's head. "Is okay, I know that you love me. You know for me too?"

"Yeah, I know." Bad smiled again effortlessly until he saw that Jauna wasn't walking anymore. "What's wrong, Jauna?"

Jauna rubbed at her eyes. "I never told papa I love him...I was in too much pain."

"Ooh, it's okay." Forever swooped in and dried her tears with his sleeve. "I think your papa knows you love him."

Jauna sniffled. "What if I never see him again?"