The Totally Dramatic B and E

AUTHOR'S NOTES:
- TW // SEXUAL REFERENCES AND INNUENDOS - There isn't any sex or anything really explicit in the fic itself but it's referenced and lightly implied.
- TW // MENTIONS AND USAGE OF GUNS - nobody gets shot but there is a reference to being shot in the past
- ALL CONTESTANTS WERE 18+ DURING THE FIRST SEASON OF TOTAL DRAMA. Everyone in this fic is like 22 at the youngest, Chris is closer to 28. He calls the others kids bc there is an age gap but nobody is actually a child ok it's very important to me that we all understand that and that that is not misconstrued at all sobs
- This fic is my least favourite, I wrote it in like 2020 and I think it's pretty cringe and out-of-pocket, but that doesn't mean I don't like it lol. I accept its shortcomings and still look upon it with mercy. Maybe you guys will get a kick out of it.
If you think it's cringe or weird or strange then BELIEVE ME, I know. If you like it, then you and I are the same kind of crazy and I respect you.

* * *

Y/N didn't think there was anything more terrifying than feeling your partner sleeping beside you and still hearing footsteps in the night, but they were wrong. The most terrifying thing is when you go to investigate said footsteps, and recognise the person who's just broken in.

"Duncan?" they whispered, but they didn't really need confirmation.

"Christ, Y/N, who the fuck gave you a gun?" came Duncan's hushed response. He stood upright, but didn't make a move.

"Who the fuck gave you my address?"

"Look, I just- Can you please put that down? We both know you won't-" Duncan attempted to take a step forward, but Y/N cocked the gun and kept it trained on him dead-on.

It's a replica, but a damn convincing one. Duncan didn't have to know that.

"You want to test that theory? I've shot you before, I'll do it again."

"That was paintball."

"This is a B&E."

As if the situation wasn't complicated enough, it seems Y/N and Duncan had created quite a stir for three in the morning. A third voice rang out from down the hall.

"Y/N? Are you out here?" Chris called softly as he padded out of his room. Y/N sighed frustratedly as Duncan's face turned to shock, and then twisted into a stunned grin.

"Y/N is that.... Is that Chris? Are you sleeping with Chris Mclean?!"

"No," Y/N lied through their teeth, "I'm doing bodyguard work."

"Uh-huh, you're guarding Mclean's body very closely?"

Before Y/N could respond with anything beyond an angry snort, Chris Mclean wandered into the room. Dressed in a robe and slippers, he rubbed 3am sleep out of his eyes before fully assessing the scene in front of him.

"You can go back to bed, Mclean. It's just Duncan. I'll escort him out," Y/N hoped to god Chris would remember their cover story. As pretty as he was, being half asleep definitely wasn't the peak of his brain activity.

"Escort me out?! If you're doing bodyguard work, why is he in YOUR house? Shouldn't you be escorting us both out?" Duncan argued.

"This is Chris's house, dipshit. He lets me stay here for situations just like this," Y/N retorted.

Y/N knew Duncan well enough to notice the momentary quirk in his brow meaning he didn't buy it, but wouldn't press. Yet.

"Kids, kids," Chris murmured as he flashed a million-dollar smile and casually maneuvered himself between his former cast members.