Chapter 9 A Proper Introduction

It was already night when arjun reached home. He wanted to come earlier but with jeet gone he had to handle lots of things on his own. He did call arhaan twice to ask about nikky and to talk to him but arhaan kept the conversation limited to nikky only. Arjun was getting desperate for arhaan to behave normally with him but the later was hell bent on keeping him at distance. Arjun was just thinking all this when he reached home and saw nikky playing with aru in the garden. Arjun parked the car and looked at aru who was busy with nikky.

Arjun just kept on looking at him for sometime from a distance. Aru was looking so happy, there was no speck of sadness or stress on his face. He was smiling and laughing with nikky while both were running around in the garden carefree. He was too lost in looking at aru to realise when nikky came running towards him so as to dodge aru and bumped in to him and fell down. The moment nikky fell down Arjun picked him up.

Arjun "are you fine little monkey? kahin lagi to nahi tujhe?" He asked concerned

Nikky stood up "nikky bump." He said rubbing his forehead.

Aru also came there quickly to check nikky "are you okay champ?"

Nikky "nikky bump big monkey"

Arjun who was still kneeling in order to be at nikky's height gave him an irritated look "oye stop calling me that. Tu kuch bolta kyun nahi isse?" He asked looking at aru

Aru "aap bata hi nahi rahe ki aapko wo kya keh kar bulaye to ye hi bolega na."

Arjun "bola to tha naam se bula le."

Aru "nahi naam se nahi bolega wo, aap bade ho nikky se."

Arjun "bada to Tu bhi hai, tujhe bhi to naam se bulata hai."

Aru "meri baat alag hai, nikky didn't know how to speak when he started calling me by my name. But now he can talk. So you have to tell him what to call you or he will call you like that only."

Arjun "haan to tell him to call me bhaiya. Ab Tu to bolta nahi atleast ye to bole."

Aru's face fell the moment Arjun said that and he started looking down.

Arjun saw that and sighed. He didn't wanted to make arhaan upset. He put a hand on his shoulder "sorry, I know maine bola tha ki tujhe jitna time lena hai le and I will stand by my words. Tu pareshaan mat ho bachcha. Jaise baat karna hai waise kar. I won't pressurise you for anything beta."

Although Aru was feeling guilty about hurting Arjun like this but he nodded his head.

Arjun smiled at nikky standing beside aru "how are you feeling now bachcha?"

Nikky saw an opportunity "nikky sick, meet George."