0.0 Wikipedia: Sierra McCoffree

Sierra Valentina McCoffree (born May 10th, 2000) is an American singer-songwriter, actress, and model. She was discovered in 2016 during the "Remembering Luci," a live television special honoring the late singer-songwriter and actress. She is the only daughter of Luci.

Sierra McCoffree

(McCoffree and Jasper via Instagram, 2023)

Born: 10 May 2000 (Age 23) New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.

Occupations: Singer-Songwriter, Actress, Model, Businesswoman, Music Producer

Years Active: 2016-Present

Relatives: Luci (Mother), Marcus McCoffree (Father), Axle McCoffree (Brother), Henry McCoffree (Brother), James McCoffree (Brother)

Awards: Full List

Musical Career

Origin: Los Angeles, California, U.S.

Instrument(s): Full List

Labels: Capitol Records

Website: www.sierramccoffree.com

Signature

McCoffree began professional songwriting at age 16 after performing at the "Remembering Luci" live television special, where the singer's close family and friends came together to honor her memory

McCoffree began professional songwriting at age 16 after performing at the "Remembering Luci" live television special, where the singer's close family and friends came together to honor her memory. She performed a song that she revealed was an unreleased song that she and Luci had written together weeks before Luci died in 2009, and she had completed alone in 2013. The performance went viral, and she signed with Capitol Records, where she released three studio albums under the label, starting with her 2017 self-titled album. Her next, Miss. Americana (2019) explored blues and jazz elements while maintaining pop undertones with her song "Miss. Americana," which charted number one on the Billboard Hot 100. Her last album, All I Need (2021), explored a synth-pop genre where her song "I'm So Hot" underwent media scrutiny due to its explicit content.

With over 150 million records sold globally, McCoffree is among the best-selling musicians. She is number five of the top ten most-streamed women on Spotify and Apple Music. 

In 2020, she underwent more media fire after an internet feud started with hip-hop and R&B artist Neveah Godfrey going viral. The feud seems to be continuing in 2023.

Life and Career

Early Life

Sierra Valentina McCoffree was born in New Orleans, Louisiana, on May 10, 2000. She is named after her great-grandmother, Sierra Alvarez, an actress who lived in Luci's home country of Argentina. Her father, Marcus McCoffree, was a popular Blues and Jazz musician, and her mother, Luci, was a globally famous actress and musician. Her parents died when she was nine years old, and Luci split her 14 billion dollar fortune between her four children, which made Sierra the Richest Child in the United States in 2009; it was mentioned in an article in Forbes Magazine. Sierra has three older brothers, Pediatrician Axle McCoffree, Boxer Henry McCoffree, and School Teacher James McCoffree.

At age 5, it was discovered that McCoffree had a musical gift and started learning different instruments; she was deemed a musical prodigy by age 8, as stated in the Guinness Book of World Records for the most instruments known to play. She traveled between Los Angeles, New Orleans, and New York City, regularly performing with her mother until 2009

McCoffree spent her early years in New Orleans and attended a Private School from grades k-9; during that time, she became friends with stylist Liv Mas, who became McCoffree's stylist in 2018. After being discovered in 2016, she became homeschooled and relocated to Los Angeles, California, to be closer to Capitol Records.

Read More