Part 16

"Aap ko kia zaroorat thi wahan jaane ki, Maa?!"

Farjaad questioned his mother, shocked to know what had happened at Pasha House while he was dealing with his sister here.

"Jiss ke liye larrne gayi thi woh iss waqt kamre mein bethi hai aur aap bilawajah wahan itna scene kyun create kar aayi hain?" Farjaad asked, heaving a sigh as he sat down on the couch, beside his mother. He was pissed when he found out that his mother went to Pasha House, and knowing her, she would've definitely created a stir there.

Mimi had returned a while back and had straight away left for her room, without answering any of his questions which frustrated him but he was just grateful that his sister was back. He decided to deal with her later after learning that his mother had created another mess.

"Tou mujhe tou nahi pata tha na ke Mimi aa gayi hai. Please Farjaad, that family is crazy. Tumhe bhi shaadi karne ke liye koi aur larki nahi mili. Thank God, engagement khud hi toot gayi" Niggo sighed, filing her already manicured nails.

"Maa! I don't believe this. Mujhe aapko kuch batana hi nahi chahiye tha. I'm already stressed out thinking how will I face Umeed after everything that I've said aur aap mere liye aur problems kar aayi hain!" He shook his head out of sheer distress, feeling a headache coming up.

"If you were so against her, then why did you agree in the first place?" He asked, lost in thoughts as a realization hit him.

It had been so easy for him. Umeed loved him, his mother had agreed for their relationship for him and Umeed's family was more than happy with him and accepted him immediately.

It never occured to him that it was Umeed who wasn't able to have it easy. She had to put in efforts to win his mother's heart while trying to put up with the expectations of her own family.

And now, he hadn't made anything easy for her. If anything, he might've just ruined it all.

The moment Umeed pulled out the ring and pushed it in his hand, he was shown his place. The entire being of the mighty Farjaad Khan Bahadur, who was roaring a while ago was reduced to nothing when she broke off their relationship and went off, leaving him in his shell of regrets.

It was the moment he knew he had crossed his line and once he recalled his words, he couldn't believe he had the audacity to utter those words. And that too, to the person he only promised to cherish.

It was one thing he couldn't bear. Losing Umeed. No matter how different they are or how hard things get, one thing he was sure of.

He couldn't live without her.

He wouldn't be able to survive.

The possibility of a life without Umeed seemed to knock out the breath from his lungs.

He had always been an impatient man, dealing with his anger and frustrations all alone. But being with Umeed, he was learning alot of things and he didn't want to lose it all only because he was blinded by his anger for a while.

"Why are you getting so worked up, baby? Ismein tumhari koi galti nahi hai..." Niggo probed.

"Meri galti nahi hai? The entire thing is my fault. It is my fault that my sister doesn't trust me enough to tell me what she feels. It is my fault that my fiance had to hide things from me, afraid of my reaction" He massaged his forehead in frustration.

"Umeed was right, I overrreacted. I forced Mimi as well, that she had to take such a drastic step" He sighed, falling back on the couch.

"Mein kia karti Farjaad? Mimi ka kuch pata nahi tha, I thought apni dost ki taraf chali gayi hogi issi liye I went there. Mujhe kia pata tha itna tamasha ho jaega" Niggo shrugged.