ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇᴋᴇᴇᴘᴇʀ

[A/N]: Can we all agree that he was daddy asf with the buzz cut?

• • •

In your district, you took a stroll outside to clear your head. The summer breeze felt amazing against your hair and skin. You watched as children were playing in the streets, their joyful laughs causing a pain in your heart. You knew one of these kids was bound to get drawn in the reaping someday. It was inevitable.

You shook your head, attempting to forget the events of your Hunger Games. Your gaze moved towards the ground as Coriolanus had crossed your mind again. You thought of him multiple times a day no matter what. You saw him in your dreams at night and would wake up disappointed that he wasn't really there with you. After you won the games, you only saw him for a little while before you were taken away and put on a train back to your district.

You recalled a small man approaching you as you were boarding the train. He wished you the best of luck in life and informed you that Coriolanus would be facing punishment for providing you with an unfair advantage in the games. You had been so overwhelmed with guilt that he was discovered. You just hoped that his punishment would not be too terrible.

You had not seen him since. It's been a little over two months and you were slowly beginning to accept that you would never see him again.

It broke your heart because you had develop strong feelings towards him during your time together. You regretted not telling him that you loved him when you had the chance.

You glanced up as you saw a few Peacekeepers passing by you. You immediately kept your head down to not draw any attention to yourself. You always tended to avoid any eye contact with the Peacekeepers when traveling in the district. One wrong look on a bad day for them and they would have you executed in a heartbeat. You did not notice the certain blonde who had immediately recognized you while on duty, stopping in his tracks as he watched you walk away.

• • •

Later that night, you had agreed to accompany your friend to the only local bar in your district. You were sitting down as you listened to the live upbeat music that everyone else was up and dancing to. The band that was playing their instruments and singing were so impressive. Their energy was contagious and it was difficult for you to contain your smile although you were still not in the best mood. Even the drunk Peacekeepers present were having a considerable amount of fun.

You remained seated, silently observing everyone. You debated the possibility of getting up to dance yourself as you watched your friend chat and dance with other men.

"You never struck me as the type of woman to sit out on any dancing."

That calm, deep voice. Your eyes looked up, meeting familiar blue ones. Your mouth dropped from the sight of him and you rose up from your wooden stool.

"Coriolanus?" You asked although you already knew the answer

He smiled at you, holding his hand out. He was still as handsome as ever. His curly blonde hair had been shaved down into a buzz cut which oddly suited him. He wore a deep blue outfit which matched with the Peacekeepers that were present, but you did not pay too much attention to that.

Stunned, you took his hand and followed him as he lead the way towards the crowd.

Coriolanus slightly smiled, resting a hand on your waist while he intertwined his other hand with yours. You stunned as you stared back into his eyes, having so much to say. You wanted to ask him a million question; including where on Earth has he been.

"I'm... not the best at dancing." You laughed as you admitted to him, raising your voice slightly so he could hear you over the music

"I will gladly teach you. Someday, you will be a professional." He says, his breath moderately smelt like alcohol as he spoke to you