I'd Rather Kiss a Kitty

~11 Years Ago, Isadora's 6th birthday~

I sprinted out of my room sliding on the hardwood floors, scanning empty hallways for something that didn't exist. I stomped down the stairs fumbling from my speed. My eyes frantically tried to find the thing my heart was nearly jumping out of my chest to get to. If Mother and Father had known I was awake they would have yelled at me, it didn't matter if it was my birthday, it was three in the morning. I ripped open the front door with a grunt, breathing heavily as if finding what I was looking for was some sort of intense physical labor...and there he stood. I'd never seen him before, though I was only six and hadn't seen much in my isolated life... yet he was so familiar. He didn't smile, his seafoam green eyes pierced into me like the waves crashing against shore, and his lips called for mine as if someone was whispering in my ear, kiss him, hold him, love him. His caramel hair twisted attractivley, tousled carelessly, like he'd just woken up from bed. He stood more than a head taller than me and starred down at me, with an emotion I couldn't possibly read.

"Happy Birthday Izzy..." He whispered in my ear, his voice strong and beautiful even at his obvious young age. I stayed silent gaping at him. My heart quit tugging and instead felt content, happily calmed. His lips pressed gently against my forehead and I heard thumping footsteps coming down the stairs. Electric shocks filled my skin where his lips met my forehead. My parents were awake, and I was prepared for their yells and the possibility of my father getting out the belt. My parents weren't abusive. Just strict...very strict.

"ISADORA WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP THIS EARLY IN THE---" My father stopped short when he saw the boy and I whipped my head around in fear he'd be taken away, the boy, who's name I didn't even know though he knew mine.  "Alpha." My father bowed his balding head and I turned back look at the boy, who glared at my father, raising an eyebrow authoritivley. "I'm...I'm sorry I didn't know you'd be coming to see her this soon, I didn't think you'd be seeing her until she was an adult..." The boy glanced into my father's hand where a thick black leather belt was being held by his now profusley sweating palm.

"DROP IT." He growled, barring his perfect teeth. My father obeyed and it tumbled to the ground.

"...Alpha?" I began to put the pieces back together in my head, and my eyes widened in shock. This boy was a werewolf. All of my worst nightmares flooded me at once. My older brother had met a werewolf who claimed he was hers and he was taken away from us. In my world werewolve's were bad, and we would be on their tab because of my brother and that awful she-wolf.

"Please I...I just thought you'd start visiting once and awhile once she was fifteen or so, not like this!" My Father was in tears, and I was now frightened. Why was this boy here? Out of no where a tall wolf with grey speckled fur, the size of a bear or a horse even appeared along the line of trees, his eyes starring at the back of the boys head. "I'll...I'll never hurt her again Peyton just don't harm me!" My father cried. "This isn't moral! Your 10 years old and you can kill me!" A howl from the wolf who was now descending into the trees sent the boy turning around on his heel instantly like he couldn't control it. And he was gone. I starred up at my father in confusion. My father shut the door and I starred out through the glass as Peyton glanced back to see me. The last thing I remembered was my Father dashing to the computer to find us a place to live, to hide, putting our house up for sale secretly and the seafoam eyes piercing into mine. And I made myself forget about Peyton.

~Isadora's 17th birthday~

Leenox, my plump tabby catsprawled on the grass beside me, sunbathing as I was.

"I want to be an astronaut Leenox. I bet the world seems much prettier from out there." I sang, smiling and sniffing a fluffy white carnation I had found pre-picked on the cement. I never picked flowers. The poor babies didn't do anything to me...so I only enjoyed smelling their sweet scents when someone had already picked them...though I secretly love picked flowers. My cousins would always pick them for me, especially Milo. He knew I liked them and would make a habit to find me flowers and ignore my lectures.

"Isa?" Mark, Mason, and Milo smiled in unison hiding something behind their backs. I examinined my cousins skeptically. Mark's mucles were rippling intimdatingly even under his hoodie and his large brown eyes and short dirty blonde hair made him remind me of a big beefy dog. A bulldog perhaps. Mason was wearing black aviator shades with a white T-shirt and black leather jacket, his bangs flopping in his face. Then there was Milo who was sporting a denim jacket over a hot pink tanktop, a pair of khaki short and sandals, his blonde hair shaggy and covering his ears, and paint here and there on him.

"Yes guys?" I propped myself up on my elbows blinking at them and twirling my carnation in my fingers and starring at their faces. They looked like kids in a candy store. "Whatcha hiding there?" Mason moved smiling and revealing a teal blue schwinn bike with the bell and all! I squealed happily shoving my cousins out of the way and hopping onto it. "OH MY DEAR GOODNESS THANK YOU THREE SOOO MUCH!" I screamed ringing the bell happily.

"Your welcome." The boys rolled their eyes saying in unison. "We'll see you for your first day of school cutie, we'll be are taking the car." Mason smirked pinching my cheeks.

"Have fun in your gas guzzler!" I groaned waving goodbye to Leenox who had climbed up a large and leafy oak tree, and I pedaled away from my cousins house.

My parents and I had moved in with my Uncle, Aunt, and four cousins after they gave up running. I understood they didn't want to be near werewolves, but I still didn't get exactly what was going on. I let the wind weave through my hair and sighed happily, how could someone not like the earth? It reminded me of my cousin that had gotten me into Earth lover I am. I missed Sadie dearly, but she was in Africa helping create wells and hand out nets. She had also made me a vegetarian, something I loved being. Sadie's vegan, but I couldn't go without a carton of ice cream here and there.

I parked my new bike carefully, glancing at the neatly mowed lawn. It made me feel tidy and clean being in such a pretty city. I looked around suddenly nervous...the guys forgot to get me a bike chain. I looked up with a groan only to see every single persons eyes on me, eyes wide, frozen.

"Um...can someone make sure no one steals my bike?" I laughed awkwardly. The people seemed to glanced at eachother and a few of them nodded coming towards me. "No, no, I'm only kidding...just no one steal it." I grumbled my eyebrows creasing as I walked past all these people and up the stairs. I shoved through the maroon doors and I groaned. Everyone became silent again eyes trained on my figure. "GUYS WHATS WRONG WITH YOU!? DO YOU NEVER SEE A NEW GIRL!?" I stormed past their starring faces and towards Milo who was waiting patiently at my locker, like he had said he would. They promised to show me my locker though that was all that they could do that morning. My cousins have been taking their required high school classes every summer and coming in early and staying late since 7th grade, and so they only took classes they wanted. Mark was always in weighlifting classes and sports while Mason was in auto classes and mason was in the arts. The saddest part was I would know no one in my classes.

"Alright missy, go down this hall and take the third door on the right. I'll see you in art class." Milo winked at me and I smiled giving him a quick hug.

"Thanks Milo! See you then!" I headed down the hall grumbling about the stares when the bell rang. "Oh great! Just GREAT!" I scowled marching into my first class, World Studies, a minute late. I froze when I saw the classroom.  They were all starring at me with their jaws dropped. I scowled wondering why these people were so shocked to see me. I awkwardly moved into the classroom sitting in the only empty seat, in an oval shaped desk in the corner of the room.

We sat in silence for a good five minutes before the teacher entered the room scratching his throat. His messy dark caramel hair flopped around his face as he turned to shut the door behind him.

"I'm sorry I'm late class." His voice was incredibly melodic...I didn't notice it but I was purring from the sound. I gasped slapping myself. I could never think of my teacher that way. His deep seafoam eyes flickered to me and it seemed like the whole world froze.