thirteen

The next few weeks in the castle seemed to pass quickly. Lilith had been experiencing painful tugs at the pit of her stomach, a warning for her that something was going to go terribly wrong. She wasn't sure if it has something to do with camp or with school, or perhaps a little bit of both.

Since there has been multiple attacks, like Colin Creevey, the first year Gryffindor who was so bright and cheerful, Mrs. Norris, Filch's cat. For whatever reason there is, she knew something was going to go horribly wrong.

She IM'ed camp a few days earlier, the Stolls brother had notified her that they hadn't heard a single thing from Percy. She had also soon found out that Bianca was included in the quest, that made her stomach drop.

Apparently, one of the Professors seemed to believe that since the tragedy of the Chamber of Secrets opening, a dueling club would be useful. When she found out who it was, she briskly walked out of the Great Hall the second she laid eyes on him. Professor Lockhart, of course.

So now here she was, grumbling and kicking the grass on her feet, an amused Theodore Nott beside her.

"I mean, I know he's bad, but I had no idea you hated him so much." said Theo, amused.

"It's not that I hate him!" Lilith exclaimed, "It's just, he's a little bit..."

"Stupid? Obnoxious? Arrogant? Daft? Annoying?" Theo listed,

"Don't be mean." Lilith slapped his arm lightly, "He's just not qualified for teaching, y'know?"

Lilith had grown closer to both Cedric and Theodore the past two weeks. Cedric was nice, he was kind and gentle, and he was always yearning to learn more. Whereas Theodore, well-- he's quite sweet, caring and he's very intelligent.

The sound of his hearty laugh brought Lilith back from her own thoughts. "I agree. He's just a little bit lost in the head, s'all."

Lilith nodded in agreement, absentmindedly grabbing his hands. The action caused the Slytherin to flush slightly, however he let the girl hold onto it.

As they walked pass the hallways, Lilith led them towards the stairs, aiming towards the Room of Requirement. "You're really nice, Theo." said the blonde, smiling sweetly.

"Thank you." He replied softly.

Arriving in the Room of Requirements, they headed straight for the couch. Cedric was unable to join them today, considering he had been dragged to the dueling club by his fellow Hufflepuffs. He had sent her a desperate look, only to be replied with a giggle and an amused smile from Theo.

Lilith pulled out Magik's diary from her bag, while Theo pulled out his History of Magic assignment he has yet to finish. They worked quietly in the comfort of the room, occasionally bringing up small conversation.

"I don't understand why it's so important for us to learn History of Magic." Theodore groaned, throwing his quill away to the desk. Lilith laughed lightly, "It's important to know where our magic comes from." she replied, "Not that they have the right history anyways." mumbled the girl.

She hadn't realized she said that quite loudly, and Theodore raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean by that?"

"Huh?" She looked up in confusion, widening her eyes slightly. "I mean, we can't know for sure if it's all true, y'know? They don't have proof like spells, charms, or potions like we learn." She lied.

He nodded thoughtfully, "I've never thought of it that way."

"Well, guess we'll never know." the girl replied ominously.

"Who do you think is the Heir of Slytherin?" the sudden question prompt the girl to raise an eyebrow. "It's not Malfoy, for sure." snorted the boy, "He might be a Slytherin but there's not a chance he's the heir."